Chapter11

"Alhaji Abdulhamid Ibrahim wakeeli is husna father's full name.."he's the first son of Alhaji Ibrahim wakeeli and hajiya Asma'u.." who's originated from maiduguri..."
He had a brother named Ashiru and then Asma'u gave birth to her last daughter named fateema but she's no longer more.."

"Alhaji wakeeli was a teacher he teach in islamiya.."Since the beginning Alhaji wakeeli was a poor man but he's trying hard to see he fed his family.

"Alhaji wakeeli tried hard to see he gave both the two of his children education.Ashiru was the only person who tried to go to school but Abdulhamid refuses he rather work as wood cutter and sell it to people than to go to school he's completely illiterate."

But still with the little money he got he manage to do somethings new,like selling groceries,and the rest,so he thought what the hell will he do with education.."

Abdulhamid got married to Aisha(husna mother)
She's partly from adamawa yola..his parents and her parents both disagreed with the marriage but Abdulhamid and Aisha went against their parents will and got married.."

"All relatives didn't like husna mother, and their parents had to to tell him to leave their house both turn there back on them.."where he settled in kaduna and started working as a gate man.."and his salary is 20k each months

He was able to rent a house at rafin guza aisha gave birth to her first daughter named Asma'u (husna) she was named after her grandmother she did her primary and secondary school at Goverment school...and also she graduated from islamiya when she's 15 years currently she's 21 years schooling at kaduna state university studying micro biology.

Alhaji Abdulhmid said that no matter what he will struggle hard to see his children studied hard."

"Her father always said that husna will change their life to a better one,she should just study hard
Husna was always the highest in their class she always came out with flying colors ..she always study hard, no time for radio or watching television...no time for friends except faiza that she met recently .."that was stick to her.."

"Faiza sometimes always do extend a helping hand to them buying them foods items,although they always told her to stop bringing it but she refuses.

Husna was at the age of 4 years Aisha gave birth to her second child name Abdulkarim,after three years she gave birth to her last born who's named after his sister fatima who's 14 years and she's in jss 3 while Abdul is in ss1

They were raised up like that," they were getting used to the habit of managing hunger. It was a challenge to get food for more than once in a day.

Sometimes they go to bed without food on some of the nights. Whenever they get food, it used to be plain rice and beans or garri . A very plain tasteless food and not easy to eat.

"sometimes Aisha somehow arranged a little amount of food from neighbors and fed her children.."she goes to bed with empty stomach. Many times, she remained without food, but somehow fed them food as much she could arrange to make them survive. She sacrifices everything to her children.."

"Just like Abdulhamid.."and he' was also facing a lot of problems before he get payed..the man he's working for is a very wicked man sometime it takes 3 to 4 months before he got paid.."

"Being born into a poor family, they were exposed to this self-sacrifice .At an earlier age, they would eat less as much as possible, so that their parents could eat..."

"Abdulhamid change his working place where he got payed 25k as his salary, by now if you look at them you will never imagine that they are poor they eat three times a day,go to school like every children..

Their mother always warn them about eating outside with friends she always tell them that "Whatever they give you"you should not take and eat"

Though poor, their mother wanted them to be self-reliant, have self-respect and live a dignified life as much as possible. Being starved most of the time, it would be natural for any child to grab food as soon as somebody offers them. As they were afraid of their mother, they restrained themselves from taking food or water from other's homes, whenever they visit them.

they had developed a habit of controlling the temptation and refuse the offer.and also they lived their life happily like that. you will never imagine that they were going through a lot..."

Back to the story...