02

September, 2001

I'm stressed.

Not just stressed, I'm something more than stressed.

Matt is already stressing about GCSE's, I'm already stressing about my mock exams, and everything is just clashing. I'm two weeks in and I'm already seven detentions down and two weeks behind on all of my homework.

However, I stupidly agreed to a party last night. Deep down, I really do not want to go. For once, I'm actually feeling serious about homework and I'm willing to do it. That won't be happening now that my bestfriend has managed to persuade me to go to a party that will most likely be shit anyway.

Although this isn't my first party, I have an increasing bad feeling about it altogether. I know my Mum won't be staying in Sheffield tonight, so I won't get into trouble with that, though there's a chance I might get into trouble with Brian. I've been avoiding him for the past two weeks, which has been quite easy considering he's in Alex and Matt's year, so we haven't been in the same blocks at school.

I've been considering breaking up with Brian for a while now, and I think he can sense that, which has an impending fear rushing through me every time I think of this party, that he'll almost a hundred percent be at.

''He's just such a prick sometimes, I swear he goes out of his way to give us extra bloody homework.'' Breana, my bestfriend, rightfully complains about our history teacher as she holds the heated curling iron to my head, curling the last piece of my brown hair. My hair is curly, but not the nice curly. For me to actually like it curled, I have to straighten it and then curl it with either straighteners or a wand. 

''I agree.'' I respond with a smile of thanks when she finishes my hair before she rushes over to the mirror that's propped up loosely against my wall.

I haven't had time to screw the mirror into my wall just yet.

''I'm gonna' dropkick him on the last day.'' She says neutrally and I laugh at her empty threat whilst she adjusts her outfit on her body. She looks sexy, I'm jealous of her outfit.

She's wearing low-rise, denim jeans held up by a large, jewelled belt along with a white cropped top that has a pink playboy bunny printed into it. The matching playboy belly button piercing that she's got in really tops the outfit off.

I come to stand next to her in the mirror and she stands to the side slightly to give me room. I look at my outfit that consists of a short, black dress, an oversized, black, leather bomber jacket, with the knee socks that I've worn to death and my scuffed Mary Janes.

As a summary, Breana and I look like Barbie and Wednesday Adam's stood together and when I voice that opinion, Breana laughs and links our arms together with a promising smile.

''You ready, Freddie?'' Breana tightens our linked arms slightly, turning her head to look at me instead of our reflections in the mirror.

''I think so.'' I shrug and Breana places a kiss against my cheek, leaving a print of tinted lip gloss in its trail before leading me out of my room.

We're almost colliding with Alex and Matt once we swing the door open, but like the self-proclaimed 'gentlemen' they are, they gesture for us to walk in front of them.