60

1 month later, Christmas Eve

Alex Turner

''I'm gonna' hit my head on the light!'' She exclaims with a scream of help as I walk with her on my shoulders, intentionally inching her closer towards the light with her head just inches from it. Obviously, I'm going to move her before she could hit her head, but it's cute to see her laughing. 

''Alex!'' She warns me as I get closer and she instinctively ducks her head into my neck as her hands wrap around my shoulder, trying to get herself further away from the hanging lampshade. 

Just as we reach the shade, I walk a different way in the bedroom to take her away from the apparently dangerous lampshade as she lectures me on how she could've gotten herself knocked out, all whilst pretending not to find it funny even though she's visibly laughing. 

''You're so dramatic!'' I joke as I walk us over to the bed of my apartment, my hands wrapping tightly around her thighs as she clings to my back. 

''Give over calling me bloody 'dramatic'! I'm right!'' She argues with a smile and her hair tickles against my neck as I turn around with my back facing the bed. 

''Hm.. yeah.'' I agree sarcastically as I lower myself down so that she can let go and land on the bed, but a gasp is leaving my mouth when she's pulling me down with her, my back landing to her chest. 

''You sneaky fucker!'' A laugh is leaving my mouth as I turn around to come to face her, only then realizing the position we're now in.

She's smart. 

''I've got tactics, Turner.'' She smiles and butterflies flood my stomach at the sight of her lifted lips, the motion somehow managing to move her septum piercing in the process.

Her septum piercing is something I love so much but never appreciate enough. She got it on the night I happened to realize that the feeling I felt towards her was more than just an attraction, and I'll forever be thankful for that night in Tennessee. 

''You definitely have.'' I smile down at her and I can barely help the way that my hand rises up to graze her soft-lined jaw and just like she knows exactly what I want, her head is lifting up so that she can press her lips right against mine. 

I sigh into the kiss as my lips push into hers, her head coming back down to rest against the white fabric of the bed. 

Although I'm not lucky enough to call her mine just yet, I find extreme happiness in moments like these. Thankfully, we've been sharing these moments often for the past two months, even though neither of us have made the move to discuss just what we both want. The two of us know exactly where this is leading, but we're in no rush to change things as it is. 

We're happy. 

Her thighs wrap around my waist, pulling my center down to press against hers, the quick motion having a hiss leaving my mouth. I roll my eyes sarcastically at Brielle's victory smirk but I don't get much time to reply when she's dragging me down, my lips collapsing to hers in a fierce pace. Her soft-touch hands are trailing slowly down my torso, each muscle they glide smoothly over tensing beneath her touch. 

I find myself getting entirely lost in her when her fingers tuck themselves under my t-shirt and into the waistband of my boxers that have ridden above the waistline of my denim jeans. However, I know that we can't go any further because we've got guests tonight. 

''We've got visitors.'' I sigh disappointedly, pulling away from a red-cheeked Brielle, who's hair is now all frizzy and sprawled out against the covers.