66

Two Months Later...

I've been cheated on.

''How come you're so dolled up?'' Irene is chirping as soon as I'm walking myself out of the lift of the apartment block. I laugh at her abrupt greeting as my eyes navigate to where she always sits- on the red sofa of the lobby, often sitting with a magazine on her knee.

''I've got a meeting!'' I respond with a wide smile and my cheeks heat in pride at the way her lips widen in humour.

I've been waiting for this interview for weeks. It's for a position at Domino records, The Arctic Monkeys' label. I haven't said a single word to Alex or the boys about the position. In fact, the only person I've told is Breana.

In all honesty, I don't know how Alex hasn't caught on. I've been planning it for months. Of course, he knows I've been looking for a job for the past few months but he thinks I've had no luck.

I can't contain my excitement at all. I told Alex that I'd be finding a job back in Liverpool, just to hold me over until I go on tour with him and Miles as their photographer. However, that isn't the case at all. In fact, I don't even own a property in Liverpool at all.

I handed in my last rent payment exactly a month ago today. Alex doesn't know about that either. Two months ago, on the last day of our holiday in Cyprus, he asked me how I'd feel about moving in with him. Obviously, I wanted to, but it was a big decision to make and the answer certainly didn't come easily. I told him I'd think about it and thankfully, he was understanding enough to not push me on the subject.

I'm planning on telling Alex about it tonight. Over the weekend, he's been in Manchester with Miles to sort out a few things for the album. Miles has stolen Alex from me and therefore, I believe that I'm in the middle of a love affair between the two of them. I could be wrong, but I think they might even be finishing a few things off. Alex has forbidden me to hear any of it before it's released and it's killing me.

''...And I've got dinner with Alex tonight.'' I admit with a grin as I approach her. Her nimble fingers work to close her magazine as I near her. You wouldn't believe how much I've missed Alex this weekend. I've honestly been lost without him. I can confidently say that I'd class myself as a person who needs alone time to function but Alex is the one person I can spend time with constantly and not have to go off and calm down for an hour. And with that, I can also confidently say that with that alone time I've had over the weekend, I've had no idea what to do with myself.

''I knew there was a reason you had that smile, you bloody lucky woman.'' She shakes her head with a grumble of a laugh once I finally reach her sofa. ''Where is this from? The material's beautiful.'' She reaches up to take the fabric of the bottom of my silk skirt between her wrinkled fingers, gently spectating the material.

''It's from the charity shop! £5.50, it cost me.'' I tell her. It's one of my proudest charity shop finds if I'm being completely honest.

I'm wearing a long, silk, red dress with a cropped white cardigan and some off white coloured, kitten heel shoes. To top it all off, I'm wearing my favourite pearl necklace. I'm not sure whether it's completely appropriate for a work meeting but I know Chris and from my own perspective, I doubt he's the type to base an employee on the clothes they wear.