45

''I'll be one second!'' I shout as I roughly pat my hair dry as best as I can with a stitched finger, not wanting the drips of my soaked hair to drip onto the fleecy shirt of my matching pyjamas that I've specifically kept on my radiator all night to ensure that it'd be warm for when I got out of the shower of this unbelievably cold hotel room. 

I barely got any sleep last night because of our last minute trip to A&E, so I'm hoping that having warm pyjamas will induce me into an early nights sleep. 

The repetitive knocks don't stop even after I shout so with a roll of the eye, I drop my wet towel onto the floor of the bathroom and make my way to the door. 

''Hang on!'' I shout again as I tip toe over the scattered shoes and bags in the narrow entrance of the room before I mutter a short 'bloody hell' under my breath. 

The knocking only gets louder and it has my suspicion growing as to who it could be, but I get to the door before I can start conspiring about who it is. 

It doesn't take me long to unlock the three locks of the door, soon opening up to see none other than Max herself. 

''So you are fucking alive.'' She angrily grits through her falsely bleached white teeth as soon as she's coming into my view. 

''What are you doing here?'' I ask with my voice quiet. I've gone all this time without having any noise complaints from the hotel, I'm not letting her ruin that. 

''Never bloody mind, 'What are you doing here?'! Why aren't you answering my fucking calls?'' Her voice is loud in contrast to mine and I'm pulling her into the hotel room with the fear of drawing attention, shutting the door behind her. 

''Because every time I answer, you bite my ear off and don't give me a chance to speak!'' I follow her into the main area of the small room, where she scans the room in search of something that I'm not entirely sure of. 

''Why should I give you a chance to speak when I fucking know what you're up to?'' She marches to the white built-in wardrobe in the corner of the room, flinging both doors open before looking inside. 

''What do you think I'm 'fucking up to'?'' I almost laugh at how ridiculous she looks swiping all of my unorganized clothes to the side of my wardrobe to look at the bottom of it. 

''Where is he? Is he in the bathroom?'' She doesn't even bother to close the wardrobe doors before she's stalking towards me, shoving me out of the way to walk into the bathroom. 

''Don't push me.'' I mumble under my breath with a huff, making it just loud enough for her to hear. She doesn't say anything though, she's too bothered swinging the bathroom door open. 

''Where the fuck is he, Brielle?'' Literal huffs are coming through her nose once she's checked through the bathroom. 

To no surprise, whoever 'he' is, isn't there. 

''There's no one in here, are you fucking mental?'' I frown when she budges past me to get back into the main part of the room. 

''Don't lie to me!'' She shouts and I although she's shouted before, I don't think I've ever heard her shout quite as loud as that. 

''Calm down, Max.'' I lower my volume before I walk towards the wardrobe, shutting the doors that she never bothered to close. ''This is beyond ridiculous, I'm not cheating on you.'' 

''You're such a liar!'' She laughs and I hear venom in that very laugh. 

''I'm not lying, just trust me for once in your fucking life.'' 

''Trust you? You haven't answered my calls in days! What else am I supposed to expect?'' Again, she's seething through her teeth. 

''You have some serious trust issues, M. It's genuinely not healthy.'' I shake my head before I walk past her to get to the bathroom, with the hopes of cleaning up the mess I made in the shower.