Chapter 1

I woke up screaming. Sweat glistening on my forehead. My mouth was dry and my heart was frantically beating.
I looked around my room afraid that i had once again woken up my friends with my nightmares.

"Shit! Nebular are you ok?" My best friend Hailey asked climbing off her bed to mine.
"I'm fine, I'm fine." I answered, putting my hand over my speeding heart.

"What's all that noise?" My other best friend tiffany asked, sleep still evident in her eyes. She rubbed her hand over her eyes to remove the sleep then got up and joined Hailey and I on my bed.

"You sure you're ok?" Hailey asked again eyeing me worriedly.
"Yeah I am I promise."
"You do know we can tell when you're lying right?" Tiffany said in a matter of fact tone.
"What is it Be? Tell us what's really bothering you, you've been having these nightmares for the past two weeks, and you always wake up screaming. We're worried sick about you girl. Don't you trust us enough to share your problems with us?" Hailey asked hurt in her voice.

"Wha.. no, i-it's not that I don't trust you guys. I do. You know I do. I'm just not ready to talk about it.
Don't worry yourselves its nothing serious it's just a stupid dream anyway." I argued trying to sound convincing as i looked at them.

They were both eyeing me each with their own looks. Hailey had on that look as if thinking about something while Tiffany was looking at me as if trying to figure me out.

"Come on lets go." Said Hailey breaking the silence. She got rid of her PJ shorts and loose mickey mouse shirt and changed into denim crop jeans pairing them with a white T-shirt, black boots and a flannel. She tucked the shirt then added on a Gucci belt.

"What're you doing? Wait where are we going at-" i checked my phone "- 3am?
"Tiff c'mon get dressed we're taking her out." Hailey said making Tiffany groan. "Nooo." She threw her head on my pillow face down. "Buh-ahm-shtil-shlipy" she spoke against the pillow.

"Bish speak clearly you ain't a goddamn child." Hailey said.
"I said I'm still freaking sleepy." Answered Tiffany her voice more clear.

I watched them with a smile on my face as they started bantering over nothing like usual.

Then I blinked and I was taken back to that night. The scene played vividly in my mind now. It kept on repeating itself as if someone had pressed the rewind button. Then I heard his voice clear as day in my head. My breathe came out in large puffs.

Then i started hyperventilating. Hailey and Tiffany snapped me out of it and into reality. I hadn't even registered I was crying till Tiffany put her hand on my wet cheeks and wiped the tears.
They took me to our bathroom and handed me some clothes.

"Get cleaned up and get ready." Ordered Hailey. If I were in my usual self I would have said something like 'ay ay captain Hailey' just for the fun of it.

Fifteen minutes later I came out dressed in similar black jeans as Hailey with a black turtleneck  sweater and my white Nike Air Force 1.
I tied my platinum coloured hair in a messy bun. Turning to look at my friends, I found them both ready. Tiffany had on crop jeans, a pair of sneakers and a T-shirt that accentuated her bosom with the words "GIRL POWER" printed on the front and added a leather jacket.

My friends are both blondes. Hailey had an average height, curves on all the right places and blue eyes while Tiffany was a bit taller than both of us with a body of a model with grey eyes. I've  always thought she was the prettiest of us all.

Both Tiffany and I were seventeen while Hailey was eighteen. We met after my family and I moved to Canada when I was ten. We all learned at the same primary school and were very excited to all continue our studies at the same high school.