Chapter Seven: Cozy

GingerBrave, being the typically active, and adventurous kid he was, wasn't kept from moving for long. Within little over half a day, he was healed up, and moving around his room. Getting anxious. Wanting and yearning for some activity or adventure. He seemed to have healed over his short term memory experience, but it was confusing how it happened in the first place.

Avocado and Coffee were both looking into it more- going to other cookies with questions.

Something felt off about the entire event. Herb, Strawberry and Chili went back out to the forest, where they found GingerBrave, Adventurer cookie accompanied them, to see if he could maybe find the place that Brave was talking about- but- no place like that ever turned up. It was nowhere to be found.

This lead everyone else to get frustrated. If Brave got hit out there, then there was just as much of a possibility that others would too.

A couple weeks were passing by fast, despit the constant feeling of slowness, and the need to look over his own shoulder.

Right now, a lot of the cookies were in the town square, browsing ideas for more defenses in the forest areas that still remained within the kingdom. Most of the children were there just hanging out with each other, and listening. Sometimes the children did go to battle with the adults if they needed to travel, or explore something, but it was rare.

GingerBrave was the only one who was with the adults constantly, safe for Strawberry. Despite that, the adults usually tried to make sure he was closer to the back, that way he stood less of a chance of getting hurt. That hardly ever worked out, though.

The Brave Cookie remained with the other children, not feeling like listening to the entire speech. He was a bit too tired for that. He watched as Onion Cookie huddled herself in the corner, and kept looking around, more than likely being worried as she always was. She was so little though, so it was understandable.

Something was pulling on Brave's mind though. He just couldn't seem to keep put- he kept standing up and moving around. Looking around constantly, and trying to find something he didn't know he was looking for.

There was an unease about him. It was easy to notice.

"Something is bothering you." a shorter cookie stated. Looking down, Gingerbrave took note of the presence of Custard Cookie III. The brave cookie grunted, to the usually more optomistic, freely spoken cookie, before nodding. However, he didn't say anything. This made the smaller, golden haired cookie give him a firm frown. "Then what's bothering you?"

The more simple cookie shook his head, not wanting to answer, but that only made the smaller cookie's face darken.

He could be so unnerving sometimes when he didn't get what he wanted. Gingerbrave only shivered, and sighs, before looking down at the ground. "Something doesn't feel right. I don't know what it is. I just can't seem to calm down. That's all. I am sure it is just because of what happened recently" even at that answer, Custard Cookie looked dipleased, but he just nodded this time.

After the blonde haired cookie left, several of the adult cookies went over to where most of the kids were standing, before everyone parted to go home.

Avocado cookie followed the brave child. She was the one who lived the closest to him, after all. She caught up to him, carrying her customized hammer. "Heya kiddo... how are you doing today?" he asked to him, before plopping her hammer over her shoulder. "You still look a bit tense..." she noted.

"I know. Custard made sure to tell me that. I am still anxious, but I will be fine. I just need to clear my head a bit. My headache is not helping me out, so that is probably the main means of the problem. I am really tired too, so i'm turning in. Night." he stepped up on his door, and grabbed the handle, before looking to the more crafty cookie who gave a concerned glance to the side. However, despite her worry, she didn't ask questions. She merely nodded, and let him close the door, before walking off herself.

The brave child walked in, and made sure to secure the knob on his door, before reading to his room, which was not all that far away. He felt a bit of himself lighten up a little bit emotionally. Sleeping would be good for him. He needed it after most of these restless nights.

As soon as he got to bed, he let his body decompress a little bit, and he turned over to his side, putting his candycane down near the resting object.

Within moments, he had drifted off to sleep, the warmth of his home comforting him within the silence of the space. Cozy.

He was the brave cookie- he was going to he okay.

He was going to snap back to normal in no time at all.

((To be Continued))