Chapter Seventy-One: Fashroom

((If time is money, an ATM is a Time Machine.))

~~

GingerBrave looked in the general direction of the hand he felt on his face and lightly smiled over to Dark Enchantress before sighing. The boy took in a deep breath, and readied himself to stand up. He was confident he knew what he was going to need to do. He felt more himself now than he had in a long while now. Energized and maybe even slightly scheming in a way.

Plotting something, and planning it out thoroughly.

His fear was a driving factor, and his his braver was the wheels, pulling him along. Despite all this turmoil, and fear, and constant regret or emotional agony- he had been pulled through.

He had been allowed to finally deal with something he had buried for the longest time.

Some part of him was being renewed all this time. patience was said to be key, but maybe it was also love or admiration. Confidence or admiration.

He needed to get this right the first time, or there may not be another chance to get this done correctly. He only knew of so many ways to solve or try to curb a problem and he didn't want to consider himself out of options. Not yet. Despite every little loop they all had jumped through they were not seeing the bigger picture. Whilst he didn't know what the bigger picture was, he needed to find out. Right?

Dark Enchantress had taught him many things. Second Chances being one of those very things.

This would normally be the part where someone could say that 'Everyone Deserves a Second Chance' but it isn't always true. Second chances are granted to those who strive or have strode for betterment. If not at the time, then before. Second chances are the choices to make anew and amend.

Their enemy was cruel because that is what the witch wanted to be. It was cruel, because it had nothing better that it WANTED to do. There were infinitesimal options after all.

"I'm going to get started on Dishes. GingerBrave, go get washed up. Pull the bell on the wall if you need some help." Dark Enchantress picked up more dishes before walking over to the sink. She got the liquid in the sink running, making sure it was warm.

Every day, she thanked this world for the liquids that didn't make cookies like them crumble. Lest they want to throw their dishes into the fire every time they are used.

GingerBrave looked down at his clothes and pondered what he was going to wear. He had yet to get his own room room, so there was not much he was going to be able to accomplish.

To this, Poison Mushroom Cookie seemed to show some excitement, before pulling themselves off of the chair, and hobbling over to Brave Cookie. They grabbed him by the hand and started to guide Brave in the direction of their room.

Not much for struggle or yearning to escape, GingerBrave followed Poison Mushroom Cookie to their room, and wait at the door as the other dug through their drawer. Despite the rather bright colored cloak that they usually sported, Poison Mushroom Cookie seemed to sport quite a bit of a plain or slightly gothic or grunge themed clothing. A limited, but welcome surprise.

He watched in interest as the slightly younger cookie continued to shuffle through the drawer. Eventually finding what they had their eyes sights set on.

Stepping down from a small stool, Poison Mushroom Cookie presented an outfit to GingerBrave. This outfit consisting of a dark pair of suspender shorts with skull buckles, and a white semi-formal shirt.

This was followed by long black socks and some casual, but slightly formal shoes.

Initially satisfied with the idea with light formal attire, GingerBrave was about to say thank you- before Poison Mushroom started to dig around in a couple more drawers. They seemed to be having fun, so GingerBrave didn't bother making any comments on the situation. He just smiled and let the other do what they wanted. This lead to the Mushroom child pulling out several well-put-together outfits for GingerBrave and a couple for themself as well.

Overall, the purple-theme juvenile was entertained.

Poison Mushroom even seemed to be doing the typical fashion critique thing, by holding up their hands and picturing every piece of clothing on the other cookie- Seeing what fit, what wasn't it, and everything in between.

GingerBrave started to have more fun with it, striking poses for the other to try to interpret in different ways. He even went as far as to make different faces to suit the mood.

Poison Mushroom Cookie found this amusing, and stuck out thier tongue through their cleft lip, and blew a raspberry in the others direction, somewhat imitating some of the favorite poses they had seen the other make.

GingerBrave and the other eventually came to a consensus that the first outfit that the slightly younger child had picked was the most suited for him, and he thanked them for the clothes.

Luckily for both of the children, the clothes should be a pretty good fit- considering they were somewhat around the same size. GingerBrave only being a few inches taller than the other- it really wasn't much of an age gap. Just as Brave was about to leave the room, the purple capped child walked over, carrying a small, purple toadstoole. The stool was detached from the stem, and seemed to be a deeper shade than the other mushrooms seen growing in planting pots around the room.

Hesitantly, GingerBrave went to touch it, maintaining his smile to the smaller child as he traces one of the dots on the surface of the stoole cap.

"It's so pretty!"

All the smaller cookie could do is laugh a bit, before spitting out 'shroomie' in between some of their smaller, more excitable babbles as they continued to pet the shroom. GingerBrave left Poison Mushroom to it, thanking them again before leaving their room and heading to the nearby bathroom instead.

((To Be Continued))