Chapter Fifty-Eight: Lolipop

//"I should have left you on the street corner where you were standing..."//

//"BuTCha DiNd'T"//

-

Gingerbrave felt anxiousness befall him the moment that the woman had said his name in such a menacing, angry tone. He shivered, before hurrying to pull Dozer along the table, scrambling in desperation to find freedom.

The boys weave themselves around obsticals, such as cans, cups, and other randomly placed silverware. Big bowls, and measuring cups. Brave still brought up the back, trying to make sure to push the smaller cookie ahead of himself to keep him moving. He hoped his own momentum made it easier for the other to move, but he would never know.

The sound of metal clanging on tile caught the fleeing boys attention, most likely it was the fork that had been used against the witch. A pained, angry cry rose from the woman behind them, and there was a large thump on the table as she had slammed her fists down away from the other things on the surface- and started to drag it toward herself.

"Faster Dozer, come on, you can do this! Just a little more.. we can make it!" Looking up toward the window, Gingerbrave pointed, and pulled the other to the left, so they could make their way toward the curtain that rested draped behind the table- hung slightly above the way that very well might be their freedom.

Dozer was out of breath. Coughing a little bit as he ran ahead. The smaller child teared up from both the pain in his side from running, and the lack of a constant flow of oxygen.

"My... side really hurts.. I'm trying. I promise-" his words were stopped with a pained cough as he lurches forward a bit, barely stopping himself from falling forward.

Gingerbrave felt himself become torn. What if all of this running was going to hurt Dozer more than he realized? What if the other ended up getting hurt in a very bad way, because he fell down and landed too hard?

He just had to think of something...

Stopping for a moment, Gingerbrave quickly turned around and threw one of the nearby, smaller objects at the giant woman's face, hitting her right below where he bleeding eye was.

There was a small hiss of discomfort, before the woman reaches forward, attempting to grab brave. The cookie child dodging her just to grab something else and throw it in her direction. This time, the witch was prepared. She had slapped the item away, before reaching for both of them again.

Throwing the item back at the children, it crashed into a jar full of swirly lolipops, causing it to go crashing to the floor. The lolipops all spilled from the container, and scattered all over the floor. Both of the children had barely dodged it, hiding behind a box of some sort to try and keep themselves from being seen.

However, that didn't prevent them from being heard. Dozer was starting to breathe heavily, no matter how hard he tried to keep himself from doing it. The quick, deep breathes made him cough and wheeze.

As much as Gingerbrave knew it would puth them both at risk, he comfort Dozer, knowing the other was suffering immensely. Dozer was silently crying from the amount of pain he was in, leaning forward as he tried to get himself back under control.

The box was quickly moved from behind them, the bleeding eyed witch yelling as she spotted them. Gingerbrave pulled Dozer off to the side, nearling missing the palm of the woman's hand and some stuff near the edge of the surface ended up falling off the table.

Not wasting any time, Brave started to throw any random items he could carry or hoist at the woman. Anything he could get his hands on.

The witch grew more and more frustrated with the cookie child. Yelling at him, calling him obscene names, as she had still been fueled from the loss of the sight in her eye, and the bloody mess she should have to surely clean up. With a hard swipe across the table, the woman threw many of the things across the tiled floor- making even more of a mess out of it than it already was.