Chapter Forty-Three: Estranged

//"Freeze! Is that fucking FISH JANGA?!!" - "Uh.. Uhh...! NO!"//

Within the quiet walls of the kingdom, most of the Kingdom Dwelling Folk were with each other in various places. Trying to gather up search-parties. The only ones who were not with any other cookies were ones that were unable to get search-parties together. Either that, or they were tasked with trying to get something else done.

Avocado cookie was an exception. She was stuck remaining near her home because of her healing, but still damaged leg. She couldn't afford to go off into the forest- where they might encounter dangers. Especially at night- when the sun could not protect their vision from the creatures that preferred the cloak of the moon to do their deeds. The forest was a scary place at night, and even Tigerlily knew better than to be isolated when it was completely dark. If someone as experienced as she was in the wild was wary, then everyone else should be as well.

The worker woman was turned down from joining about three other searching groups- before giving up on going WITH anyone. Despite that, she was not driven away from walking into that forest all by herself, if she must. She wanted to find her little pal, just as much as others did. If not more- because she felt really close to him. She would do anything and everything she could to try and bring him home. To find him- and try to make things right after everything that had happened. The more time passed, the more guilty she felt. It was a constant nagging feeling that would sparsely leave her mind, and grant her opportunity to rest.

Even with her bound determination, and a firm resolve, she was stopped before she could even reach the kingdom gates- after most of the other night-travelling groups had left. A lot of them were going to go searching in the morning- while only about three groups walked out into the night. Almond's group went to go and survey the crime scene that he had spoken of finding. A group that went along with Tigerlily Cookie likely ventured further into the jungle, as they were more experienced in fighting. The last group was lead by Adventurer Cookies, who was leading a group along the outer-edge of the jungle. Likely travelling along a river-bank.

Princess Cookie was the one to stop the blacksmith. Of course, it wasn't with the intention to make the green haired woman feel bad- but in all honesty- there would only be so much Avocado was going to be able to accomplish by herself. There was also another concern of worsening the injury, or getting stuck somewhere.

As it is said- 'The Bigger they are, the harder they fall.' With Avocado's added weight, concerning her body type, she would near-surely damage her leg all over again if she tripped over something, or stepped wrong without someone else at least in a close proximity to help

The plus-sized woman was more than tempted to argue, but she knew better.

Eventually, she was simply sent back home.

Now, the worried woman paced her shop, her leg aching, but she ignored it. She didn't want to just sit here and do nothing. She felt useless, and like a burden to the others- as she couldn't actually be useful to bring back one of her closest friends. A kid, to boot.

No one knew what was going on... no one knew if he was actually in danger, or okay. No one even knew if he was even ALIVE. They were all just running on the assumption that he was. High hopes and the lack of a body were the only things keeping everyone going. He surely had to be out there somewhere. There was so much that Gingerbrave had survived in this harsh world. So many things that others have only heard about encountering.

With no options, and pent up frustration, the usually jubilant woman slammed her gloved fist into the wall of her shop, before huffing, and straightening out her ponytail.