Chapter Fifty-Three: Sweltering

((Neeeeaaar, Faaaaaarrrrr, It's my Chocolate Baaar)

((Subnote: Reminder- if you want to make fanart for this fanfiction, don't be afraid to message me, my dm's are always open, and I will do my best to support your work and help it be seen! Have a good read, friends!)

-

The events proceeding the talk between Dark Enchantress and Gingerbrave after that point was a bit of a blur. Everyone finished eating their food, and cleaning the kitchen. There was hardly any communication past that with each other as they were all distracted.

Briefly, Dark Enchantress held conference with Red Velvet, based on what little bit Gingerbrave had seen, he would say that they were talking to each other about something important. Instrucions, maybe.

A small nod of the womans head told Gingerbrave that it was time to follow her, and he complied, walking along until they reached a room that looked like it had a medical table in it.

From this point, the child already knew where he was supposed to go. He crawled up on the table, but didn't lie down- not yet- at least. All of the darksides made their way into the room, Red Vel was standing by the door, with an assortment of cakehounds, all sitting nearby and guarding with wagging tails.

"Alright. We are going to attempt to enter your psyche." Enchantress wasted no time, crossing her hands over her lap as she stood near the table. "With luck, we will be able to find part of what is ailing you. With even more luck, we will find more info on how to take down whatever was plaguing you when you were first brought here."

With a stiff sigh Gingerbrave felt his bit of bravery starting to crumble, but he closed his eyes, and took a deep breath before nodding again. He needed to ensure that he took the help while it was offered, and didn't screw it up.

The child couldn't help but think of everything that could and would go wrong though. What if they were hurt or that thing knew they were there? What would he do then?

He could be the reason they got hurt, or killed, and he wouldn't even know it, would he? What if-

"Are you ready?" Dark Enchantress cut through his train of thought, tapping her skull-topped staff on the ground with a firm grasp.

"Yeah."

Gingerbrave leans back on the table, closing his eyes after biting his lip, and dismissing the thoughts he had started to let swarm his mind. He didn't know what happened after that, but he soon drifted off, and the world around him faded into darkness.

-

"Alright. This will go the same as it did last time. I will see all of you in his mind. I do not know if he will be consciously aware of us this time, but he should be. We should attempt to be discreet, if that entity attached to Gingerbrave is aware we are here right now, we could be walking into a trap. Be vigilant."

All of the Darksides nodded, closing their eyes as they felt themselves starting to fall. Dark Choco was calm, seeing as he endured this phase before. The man simply closed his eyes, and let the path take him whichever way it was going to.

Licorice held onto his weapon, seeming to not enjoy the feeling falling, but he didn't start a commotion.

Poison Mushroom sat there holding a small purple-capped bulb to entertain themselves as they fell, their expression still mostly unreadable.

Pomegranate and Dark Encahntress simply looked like they were sitting. Not talking to each other, but they were still near one another. The silence was not comforting, quite an odd feeling on the contrary. It was much like the feeling of expecting something to happen, but nothing ever did.