Chapter Thirty-Five: Regretful

"La-la la-la ; La-la la-la- Elmo's wor- Hello Darkness my old friend"

-

Half an hour.

The older man was followed by the four volunteer companions, who trailed long, keeping themselves close as a means to make sure not to lose track of him. They packed along a few bags as well, some things that Almond said he wanted to use on the crime scene. That way he could hopefully get more evidence or clues as to who or what could have caused so much damage.

For the most part, the walk was quiet.

While they were walking, though, Herb took notice of the somewhat far-off expression Sparkling still held. He seemed to be latching on to some kind of guilt, and wouldn't say what it was, even over the last few days.

This expression seemed to become the new norm for him, really. It was disheartening.

"Sparkling, what is the matter? You have been silent, and avoiding eye contact..." Herb made a firm glance with Sparkling, who only shook his head, and looked in the opposing direction. However, despite being one of the most respectful of boundaries, the blant haired man wasn't going to let it rest.

Alchemist Cookie kept her mouth shut, as did Vampire. Vampired started to walk ahead a bit more, and the younger, braided girl took the hint, and moved forward, right alongside him.

She was somewhat surprised to see him as non-tipsey as he was. Though, she wasn't complaining, on that same note.

"Sparkling, you can't just keep it all in forever. You are frustrated, and that is only going to affect how everyone interacts with each other. Especially if we end up needing your help. Please tell me. I am your friend- right?" the brown eyed plant enthusiast looked bck forward at the ground, upon being greeted with even more silence from Sparkling.

He was about to make his move to walk forward, and get closer to Vampire and Alchemist, before the blonde haired man started to speak.

"I still feel really, really bad about what I said to him a while back... that's the main thing that is bugging me." the blinde haired bartender admitted. "I didn't mean it. I don't know what came over me that evening." he brought up his fingers, and pinched between his brows as he furrowed them together.

Herb took a moment to process what the other had said, before sighing, and nodding to the statement.

He seemed to somewhat understand, at least. Though it wasn't likely that he completely understood where Sparkling was coming from.

"I remember. I take it the main reason you feel so bad about ti now, is because you never managed to get yourself to say sorry soon after it happened, did you?" Herb brought his hands up to the sash of his apron, before looping his thumbs through the straps, and resting his hands on his hips.

The blonde attendant of the people took in another stiff breath, before exhaling, and shaking his own head. It seemed to be a bit of a gesture of defeat.

"No. I didn't. I'm still confused about what happened in the first place. I mean-!" Sparkling brought his hands out to the front of him, before starting to make a few frustrated gestures as he spoke with Herb. He didn't raise his voice much, but it was clear he wanted to yell- likely so he could release some pent up emotions. "I mean-! I even admire the kid.. I have never had those thoughts in my head before...!"

Herb watched as Sparkling continued to make frustrated gestures with his arms. He didn't mind it, of course. Sparkling likely did it, because he was so used to shaking his beverages at the bar. He practically spoke with his hands, if they were not occupied with something.