Chapter Sixty-Five: Subdue

// "No Meme, No Meme, No Meme, NO MEMES!!"

//"CONGRATULATIONS! Your meme was so freaking atrocious Knuckles banned the meme several times. Never fucking show your face here again."

-

Jolting hands slammed down into the table as Sparklings hand tightened. He didn't know what happened at first. Not completely. However, after trying to get his oxygen back, he found that it was extremely hard to breathe. He didn't feel pain, but his face was getting warm from a certain level of panic that was rising in his system.

He tried to control his next actions, but it seemed impossible. He felt himself get nauseus and panicked both at the same time. He wanted to run, and get as far away from the danger as possible as much as he wanted to collapse and regain his bearings.

Vampire Cookie snickered before feeling himself being pulled back. Growling, he tried to struggle, just to be held down by another 4 of the cookies from around the table at least. Almond cookie secured the mans arms and hands, quickly swiping any items that could be used as a weapon away from him.

Herb cookie was standing near sparkling as he used what abilities he had to at least try and get the bleeding to stop and repair sparklings throat. He knew his healing would only really slow Sparkling from dying, and a fretting expression knit itself to his brow as he tried to find a way to make his magic stronger. Sparkling was still slightly struggling on the table, trying to at least get back up straight.

More than likely, Sparkling was still confused as to what actually happened. He looked a little dazed now that he wasn't moving around so much.

Pure Vanilla walked over to the cookies, as he was nearby. The man looked worried, before he too summoned forth his healing capabilities. His brows knit together in concern and apprehension in regards to the possed man that was was subdeed a couple feet away from them. He was laughing hysterically, bemused by all accounts, and maddened with glee.

Vampire Cookie had thrashed around, before quickly growing tired.

After some time of considerable silence, Vampire Cookie passed out, slumped over the table as Almond and Mint Choco finished cuffing him, and pulling hm out of the room.

Dark Cacao let out a deep sigh, before bringing his fingers up tp pinch the bridge of his nose that rested between his eyes. Frustration was obvious, but so was confusion. More minutes of silence passed before the man looked to the kingdom dwelling party.

"I get the lingering suspicion that this is part of the problem that you all mentioned. Do you know who or what that ... thing inside of Vampire even was?" The ancient glanced over to Pure Vanilla, who was almost done healing the throat of the injured bartender.

Sparkling had grown tired, because the healing of such damages required energy to try and undo just how much blood he actually lost. The cookies on the side that the injury took place moved back from the table, not in favor of seeing the sweetened jam that made up their bodies saturating the carpet and table of the meeting room.

Out of all the things to be thinking, the only thing that Hollyberry could actively think about at the time was the fact that Dark Cacao was right. They really should have set up the meeting room within a hall that had a tile floor. Less of a chance for a mess.

"On the worse side, it was made clear before that whoever or whatever that is, can effect way more than one person at a time." Herb sighs, before looking around the room. All of the cookies seemed normal, so far, but he couldn't be sure at this point. They never even considered just how strange Vampire was acting. There was no way that lush would go anywhere without the slightest buzz.

Even if he was capable of functioning well under the influence of such juices, he often chose not to.

Maybe this situation was the only reason they convinced themselves he had stopped. Something they should have considered more in skepticism, now that the event was over.

"Is there any other substantial information that you can give at the moment? Perhase there is more notable areas to start looking around, or other places of interest." Hollyberry Cookie stood up, grasping the shield that she usually kept nearby. "It is going to be a troublesome experience, but frankly... there are two ways to go about this, and neither of them are ideal."

Alchemist cookie looked around at the table. Her adoptive brother was possessed not even 10 minutes ago, Detective Almond had taken her brother away because of that. Sparkling was unable to speak because of being unconscious and heavily damaged. Herb was the only other real person nearby that could report on what bit they actually knew.

It was frustrating.

Standing up, the younger cookie brought her glasses closer to her face. She raised her hand, trying to get the attention of everyone around the table.

"There is only so much information I can actually give, but something that did happen when we were out looking around the crime scene- was the fact that we ran into a couple of the cookies of darkness nearby.." the younger girl brought a hand up to her hat, readjusting the brim as she thought about Vampire again. Mostly in worry.

"The Cookies of Darkness? What would they be doing near the crimescene? That is quire suspicious indeed..." Dark Cacao sighs, before folding his arms over each other on the table. There was a pensive grunt as he looked around. "We have still yet to finnd the true base of these criminals, correct?"

"That would be correct." Princess Cookie sighs. "We have found them on several occasions, but they were never near where they reside perminantly. From what we can tell, they just show up out of nowhere, and disappear all the same. On most occasions, they seem to not really come from anywhere particular." The pink haired female tapped her scepter on the table before sitting up straight.

"If the Cookies of Darkness were near the crimescene, there is just as much of a chance that they have been exposed to the crime scene as not being exposed to it at all. We should work diligently to attempt to find more info and clues.

"Where do we start?"

(To Be Continued)