Chapter Forty-Five: Cloak

//"Room Service! <3" -> "You didn't even knock??!" -> "Oh I don't work here! *Questionable Laughter* -> *Terrified Screech*//

-

((Authors Note: Fragments is now in the process of being moved to Fanfiction . net and DeviantArt for those people to read. So, if anyone sees it posted, and is unsure, yes- it is my work. The user on Fanfiction .net is HeidenShayde, and the user on DeviantArt is ZibijilPtelemiu. Thanks for your patience!))

-

"Three whole hours spent spacing out on a wall." Pomegranate scoffed, before turning around and walking over to her door, sensing that someone was standing outside of it. "Both a waste of my time, and yours. You really should have that checked." the woman stated, before turning the handle.

The door swung open slowly, revealing Dark Choco standing there, with his sword in his hands, blade resting on the ground. He didn't even look like he was about to knock. He likely had to do this before, and was used to Pomegranate knowing when someone was there.

"It's your turn to take the space cadet here. He probably won't do much, but he will continue to be wierd. That appears to be a given." Pomegranate folded her hands over each otherr, hiding them within her almost comically large sleeves. One could laugh, though it might be disrespectful. The large sleeves on such clothing she was clad seemed to be common-

The child got up from where he was sitting and automatically walked over, not needing to be prompted. he stayed silent though, his hand continuing to tremble a bit from the dream he had just been snapped out of.

He brought his hand up to his neck, feeling it a bit, nearly feeling phantom pains of cuts within his throat. He was nearly convinced that there was blood rolling from the non-existant wounds- fingers quivering as he leans forward.

It was like the air was being taken away from him all over again.

With only a grunt, and a small sigh, Dark Choco brought his gloved hand down to Gingerbrave's shoulder, which made the boy jump as the sensations left him.

Seeing the sudden alarm, the man immediately retracted his hand from the frightened child's shoulder, and continued to look down at him. He could see that Gingerbrave was nervous, but he couldn't tell why, even if he wanted to.

The blue eyed boy looks up to him, and then just nodded, and walked toward the door, waiting. He didn't need to stay in Pomegranate's room longer than he already had. She made it amply clear that he was not welcome within the room of which she had for herself. Invading her space, even if it were on the commands of someone who is of higher authority than she was.

Closing the door behind them, Dark Choco gestured his head a bit, guiding the 'guest' to the next room he would be staying in for the next unidentifyable amount of time.

There was no struggling from the white haired boy- he just continued to walk, though it was clearly a tense stride. There was certainly something wrong, but how would he go about trying to ask what the problem was? Dark Choco usually confided to silence, and didn't need to provide a voice in emotional stabalization.

The Darksides almost never helped each other with problems. Emotional, or Physical. They were grown-ups after all. That and emotional support was something that was viewed as soft.

He wouldn't be sure about how it would be viewed now... a lot happened in the last few days that set some things into perspective- even if they were yet to be completely understood.

Dark Choco didn't know what to think about the child. He was never one for kids, but- out of everyone with Dark Enchantress- for the longest amount of time, he was the least involved with her purpose. He had tried to be a hero in his own story, and that same story ended with tradgedy, because he did everything wrong.

Witnissing the inside of Gingerbrave's mind somewhat felt chillingly nostalgic, though different, of course.

Overwhelming pressure, and the feeling of insufficiency. Failure being a leading feeling that bore the presence of any other unpleasant thoughts.

He wasn't sure if failure was the biggest thing that the child felt, but he caught nothing but the sense of failure, in his messed up mindscape. Every emotional barrier collapsing and breaking down from it's core, leaving or dissipating into feelings that can usually be considered numbness or emptiness.

The walk to the man's room was silent, deafening. Their footsteps echoed in the hallway, and the wind outside was the only other source of obvious noise.

Gingerbrave got cold, bringing his hands up to his shoulders as he shivered- the thought of the blood dripping down his neck still fresh in his mind- it made him get goosebumps- a feeling of claminess falling under his hands as he felt cold, and frigid sweat beaded off of him- as if he was being rained on.

The red eyed man continued to observe the child, still not fully knowing what to do. You cover people, when they get cold, right? Cover them... get them warm... comfort them....

He could cover Gingerbrave, and help the child stay warmer- it was something he could do easily....

It had been so long since he had taken his cloak off... he hardly even takes it off when he has free time, as he was nearly always on the move. Sitting down, he was always alert. Sleeping- he was nearly always half awake.

With a deep sigh, and ample confusion, the man took his cloak off, and set it down on the child's shoulder. It was much bigger than Gingerbrave was- as Dark Choco had a huge frame.

"You're cold." the man blatantly stated, before continuing to walk. "I'm not going to sit here and let you continue to be cold."

Gingerbrave looked up to the man- the cloak was a little heavy, but he nodded, saying thank you- lightly under his breath, and continuing to follow. He slightly waddled behind the man, pulling the cloak over his shoulders, and then grabbing the bottom of the cape, and pulling it up, to keep it from dragging all over the ground- where there was some dirt, or the ability to be stepped on.

They kept walking and walking, eventually making it to a door.

(To Be Continued)