Chapter 5

With Max still in the shower, I get up and head on over to the counter to grab two fresh slices of pizza. I'm surprised I've gotten through the day, I didn't get to eat until now. I guess this is what I get for choosing classes without a break in between.

"Did you want to play a round of fifa?" I hear Calum say as I'm pouring a glass of soda. I'm not a big fan of soda, but aside from Fanta, Mountain Dew is probably my favorite.

"Yeah, sure. Let me just eat this first." At this point I was starving, and I ate my two pizzas within minutes. I remember my mom would always tell me and Max to slow down, but we never did listen. It was like we were racing to see who could finish first, but in reality, we were just really hungry.

I took a breather, and relaxed. "Ahhhhh, much better." I wipe my mouth and grab my glass of Mountain Dew to only finish that in seconds too. Wow, Emily you're on a roll today. I think things taste better when you're hungry.

"Hey, did you want to set your pizza here on the counter?" I hear Calum say, his face is glued to his phone so I don't think he knew what just happened these past few minutes.

"It's okay, I finished. Thanks though." I say as I smile, and wait for his reaction.

He looks up at me with a face I can't describe. He looks rather suspicious as if I'm lying, or surprised that I just ate my food that quick. Not sure but it could be either one. "I can't tell if you're lying or not."

I lift up my empty plate, and empty glass with a big grin. "Does this prove anything?" No one ever believes I can eat my food as quick as I can, except for my brother Max. It's called being hungry.

He laughs as his head falls back. His laugh was much different compared to other guys. I head over back to the couch and grab what I assume was Max's remote.

He sets down his phone, and grabs his controller. "Let's see what you got, Emily." I think Max missed out on saying the part where I beat him in fifa almost every time.

After 5 games of fifa with Calum, I won 4 of them, making him win 1 and that was the first game. "I'm pretty impressed Ms. Creighton. But, I think that this was just luck."

"Well maybe we'll need to have another rematch." As I raise an eyebrow.

Max finally comes out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around him. "Sorry guys, I was in the shower and things got pretty messy. I sort of broke the shower head."

"When is there a time you don't break something?" Calum says amused. I just laugh with him, because his comment was true. When we were younger Max never went a day without breaking something in the house.

I got so caught up in the moment, I didn't realize the time, and I should get back to my dorm to study. Mid-terms are coming up, and I really don't want to start off the semester failing. "It's getting late I've got to go, it was nice playing fifa with you Calum. And thanks for the pizza Max, I'll see you later." I say as I'm about to walk out the door.

"Do you need Calum to walk you back to your dorm? I would but I'm not dressed unless you want to wait." Max says concerned. He was always protective over me but now I'm basically an adult.

"Yeah it's cool, I don't mind." I hear Calum say. But I ignore him. "I'll be fine Max." I say trying to reassure him. But I don't think it's working.

"Em, your still a baby. There's freaks on this campus." Max says sternly.

"Alright, let's go Calum. Night Max." I say as I walk out and start heading to the elevator.

After a silence walk, we approach my dorm, and I turn to face Calum who was leaning against the wall.

I was standing in front of him wondering what to say next. "Uh yeah, thanks for walking with me, I'll see you around." I say trying to avoiding eye contact with Calum.

"Yeah, anytime. Great Fifa skills." Calum says before he starts walking off.

I nod. "Not so bad your self."

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

update: it gets better trust me

Remember this is my first fanfic

Give me some time

But Ty for reading ❤️

Xoxo

Kayla