Chapter 24

MICHAEL

There is definitely something going on between Calum and Emily. But I don't know if what they feel for each other is the same. I don't want her to get hurt, and I don't him to get a black eye.

I was chilling at his dorm, cause I had nothing better to do. Screw finals, I need new hair dye. My hair before anything or anyone else. That's the way my life goes.

I get up from the couch to look for some food. "So do you like the girl or not?" I find a bag of Lays chips and open it up.

"Who? Sorry I don't know who you're talking about." Calum knew exactly who I was talking about. He was smiling before I could even say her name.

I head back to the couch and sit down. "Emily, who else? Shrek?" I say and begin to laugh.

He chuckles. "Ohhh Emily, she's a nice girl." He nods and keeps his eye contact on the TV.

"With a nice set?" I tease. Luke told me about Calum checking out Emily at the beach. It sounded more like mentally undressing her with his eyes.

"Real funny Michael." He leans against the couch, and continues to watch soccer. Liverpool vs Southampton.

"Just don't mess with her feelings man. Or Max will kill you." I start with concern.

Calum turns to look at me. "Why would I hurt her?" He snaps.

"Because you've never been serious about a girl since Avery fucked you up." I confess. Emily didn't know about Avery. I wanted Calum to tell her for himself if anything ever got serious.

"Well maybe she's different." He scowls. "Don't even mention that name, it sickens me."

I shake my head "She either different or not."

"Fine. There's not a maybe. She is different." I continue. "She's got her head screwed on right. Unlike half of the girls on this campus, she doesn't throw herself at people, she's got standards."

Of course I wasn't the only one that knew about Calum's past. We all knew how much it changed him. Max knew about the situation too, but he didn't know about this tension between his best mate and his sister.

The way Emily was talking about Calum the other day wasn't what I expected. I thought she'd talk about how hot of a kiwi he is, or how big is biceps are. But no, she described the feelings she has for him like a box of pizza. I thought it was funny, but it was cute. I wasn't going to tell him that though. It probably took a lot of courage for Emily to tell me that.

"Every time I'm with her, I'm happy. I haven't felt like that in a long time. I don't know what she does, but she's doing it well."

"Maybe you should take her to see the Christmas lights. I mean it's a few days before winter break." Emily told me she wanted to go, but I'll leave that part out.

He changes the channel on the TV. "I'll think about it."

I reassure him. "Don't hold back Calum, she's not Avery. She's different."

--------------------------------

mikeys pov was much needed

sorry its not as long as my other chapters

but vats happenin next?

we will see... LUKE NEXT CHAPTER

thank you guys for the 1k

much love for yooooou <3