Chapter 30

I never thought of how it would feel waking up next to Calum.

It's like waking up from the best dream I've ever had only to discover it wasn't a dream at all. It's real. I'm real. He's real.

I watch him as he sleeps, in his peaceful sleep. He takes a breath first shallow, then deep. I breathe with him, gazing upon him with admiration. I begin to study his features, memorizing every line, shape and curve of his being. A little piece of heaven, is what I'm actually seeing. I take focus on his lips, plump and pink, laying gently, one on top of the other.

Do I know the exact feelings I have for Calum? Not quite. But what I do know, is that there is something there. I can't describe it, but when I'm with him, everything is different. With him I feel safe.

I slowly get myself off the bed to let Calum get his rest. As I pull back the covers and I feel his succulent cheeks and warm neck with the touch of my fingertips. His scent drives me crazy, every minute, every second.The hairs on the back of my neck raise up, he smells like heaven.

I take a glance at him wrapped in a cocoon of my covers as I close the door behind me. I make my way towards the bathroom and refresh myself up for what today brings.

It was a beautiful Saturday morning, and nothing better than to top it off with some waffles. Just to get into the holiday spirit, I decided on making some hot chocolate. I don't think there is anyone out there that loves the holidays as much as me.

Just as I'm nearly finished with breakfast, I hear the door open. The sound of footsteps making their way towards me. I slowly turn around. "Good morning."

My eyes suddenly go wide. He's shirtless. I know it's rude to stare, but it is hard not to when he's got such a gorgeous body.

"Good morning." he says in a deep, and husky tone. My, oh my.

I send him a warm smile. "How was your sleep?" I question with his eyes still closed.

"It was good." He lazily grins.

"Good." I turn my back against him, and begin to set the table.

"Is that waffles I smell?" He walks to the table, and takes a seat.

I nod. "Yup, it sure is." I bring the breakfast to the table, and start to serve our plates.

He looks at me with a serious face. "I've never had waffles."

I cock an eyebrow. "Well there's a first for everything." One thing with Calum I learned was to expect the unexpected.

"Like what?" He winks at me, and suddenly I feel weak. I can't blink for my life, how am I suppose to seduce the opposite sex? My greasy hair and dark circles really turn people on..yeah right.

"Real funny Calum." I continue eating my waffles. I have to admit these turned out pretty great. The last time I tried to make waffles I nearly burnt down the house.

He chuckles and begins to devour his plate. It was like he's never eaten in ages.

We enjoy our breakfast in silence, and warm up our bodies with hot chocolate. It was a peaceful kind of silence, not anything awkward. It was never like that around Calum.

He looks up from his plate. "So what are the plans for today?"

"As in what are we doing?" I emphasize the 'we' part. I thought he'd be heading back to his place after this, but maybe I was wrong.

"Yes, we." He responds, giving me that signature smile of his.

I swirl my spoon around my cup of cocoa. "Anything you have in mind?"

"I'm fine with anything, you pick a place and we'll go." He offers.

A playfully grin grows on my face. "Alright, what do you think about the zoo?"

He raises and eyebrow. "The zoo? Hmm, you really are something else Emily."

We get to the zoo, and Calum pays for both of our tickets. I'm literally squealing in excitement. I haven't been to the zoo in ages. It was always my faorite place to visit growing up.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Calum holds the door open for me, as I go through it, walking through the gates.

Just a few steps ahead, on the right hand, we see a bird's section. They were kept in very large enclosures surrounded by wired gauze. Their multiple colored feathers gleamed into the sunlight. There were birds of numerous types.

Then we turn towards the left hand of our path. We come into view of large enclosures with very strong and big iron gates. Through these gates we could see a group of elephants.

"Oh my gosh!! Elephants!" I squeal. Elephants have always been my favorite animal.

He rests his chin on my shoulder. "You like elephants? He questions.

I smile. "I love them." But I'm getting distracted my your warmth touching my skin.

I come to realize that we've been looking at them for too long, and should probably get to the other exhibits.

We come into view with a large trench. In some parts of it there was grass. At first, it appeared to be a neglected area. But when we came near it and observed more keenly, we found at a distance there we're rhinos.

"Holy shit!" I hear Calum shout.

"I furrow my eyebrows turning my attention to him. What? What is it?"

His jaw drops. "Look at the size of his poop." Out of all things in the zoo, he looks at that. I won't question why, we all got a mind of our own.

I giggle lightly. "Well I guess we came here to look at that too."

"That's not the only thing I'm looking at." He raises an eyebrow, scanning my body up and down.

I look away before Calum could see my face. I would usually get disgusted when guys said those kinds of things, but with Calum it was different. I liked it, and I liked hearing it from him.

------------

AU: OMG hey who ever is reading this. Im literally tired af I worked a 9 hr shift and worked my butt off to finish this chapter. Sooo ya thanks 4 reading ur raaaaaaad.

~kayla