Chapter 46

I groan, and massage my temples. "Anthony, I'm serious I'm so confused. I have no idea what's going on!" I shriek. 

We were currently out for lunch, and I needed to get some things off my mind. The only person I could vent to was Anthony. He always knew the right thing to say, and for that I was thankful. 

Since the encounter between Ashton and Calum, I don't know what to think. I mean I clearly heard every single word that was said back and forth.

"Well, it is pretty weird. I mean, even Michael knew Ashton?" Anthony raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah, and he nearly flipped out when I told him I knew Ashton too. Like what's the big deal? I shrug my shoulders. There is something I'm not quite understand here, something that someone isn't telling me. 

"Whatever it is, they obviously don't like Ashton, that's for sure." He shakes his head.

I tilt my head in confusion. "Should I ask Calum? Or should I ask Ashton?"

Anthony sighs, and takes a bite of his salad. "I don't think it's your place to ask, Calum should've told you." He emphasizes on the "you"

I furrow my eyebrows. "But it's his past, he doesn't need to tell me." I mean he honestly doesn't, who am I to go around telling people what they can and can't tell me about their personal life?

"Regardless, you guys are basically together. Do you even know a single thing about him?" He stares at me intently.

I scoff. "Of course I do." Anthony doesn't need to act wise, and try to test me today. It's just not going to happen.

Anthony lightly rubs my hands. "Emily, I just don't want you to get hurt."

I sigh, and run my hands through my messy hair. "I know, I know. I'll try to ask and see what happens."

He cocks an eyebrow at me, not convinced that I will actually ask him. "Where is he right now?" He questions.

I grab out my phone and check my text messages. "Uh, last time he texted me he was at Michael's place."

He sips his drink, and watches me intently. "Well, you're going to meetup with him and talk." He demands.

"Wha- no I can't! I can't just go up to him and be like, yo Cal so what's up with you and Ashy boo."

Anthony burst out into laughter. "Of course you're not going to do that, talk to him and then bring it up."

I sigh. "Fine, I'll text him." I scroll through my contacts and get to Calum.

To Calum:
Hey, are you busy later on? 😸

From Calum:
Just getting back from Mikey's, come over later if you'd like 😉

To Calum:
I will, see you in a bit ☺️

I slid my phone back into my pocket, and look up at Anthony. "Okay, I'm meeting him at his house."

"Oooooh la la, his house." He playfully winks.

"Whatever, I'll just get going now. See ya later." I grab my bag, and get up to give him a hug.

As I make my way to Calums place a bunch if things are going through my head. Will I have the courage to ask him? What happens if he flips out?

To my surprise, I already reach Calums door and wait for him to open it.

The door slowly opens revealing his handsome face.

"Hey." He grins, leaning against the door frame. His perfect pearly whites, and those crinkles in his face make me melt. It never gets old.

I slowly observe his appearance. "Well hello.. shirtless." I chuckle. I pay close attention to the two tattoos on his collarbones, the feather and the roman numerals.  

As I step into Calum's house, he takes a seat on the couch, and motions for me to sit on his lap.

"So you miss me already?" He pouts. I feel my stomach swarm with butterflies, because no one makes me feel the way Calum does. No one.

I walk towards him, and sit on his lap. "Mmm, I guess a little." I wrap my arms around his neck, and lean my forehead against his.

"Just a little?" His hands go around my waist to tickle me, and I burst into a fit of laughter.

I try to fight against him, but he won't budge. "Cal stop it! Please!" I yell. The people next door to us probably think I'm being attacked.

"Nope, this is what you get." He whispers into my ear, sending goosebumps down my spine. 

I raise my hands up in defense. I don't like being tickled, and when I am it doesn't end up so well. "Okay okay I've missed you very much." I giggle.

He releases his hands around my waist. "Much better."

I stop to catch my breath. "I feel my abs coming in." 

"No, it's just sore." Calum sasses back. 

I turn around and lay my head against his chest. "It's a joke, but now I'm tired, see you made me tired."

He runs a few fingers through my hair. "Tired? You just got here princess."

I sigh. "Well, it's been a long day. Are you planning to kick me out soon?" I was really hoping he wouldn't because I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. 

He wraps his arms securely around my waist. "No, actually I was wondering if you wanted to stay the night."

I rest my head on his shoulders. "I still have some clothes here right?" I question. 

"Yup, you still do." He says popping the P. 

I lazily smile with my eyes closed. "Then it's a yes."

Unexpectedly, Calum gets up from the couch, my legs still wrapped around his waist. He carries me to his bed, and gently lays me down on his bed. His king sized bed was like sleeping on a cloud.

"And the princess is asleep." I hear him whisper into my ear. His voice is gentle and calm to my ears, and it fills me with bliss.

It becomes quiet for a few minutes, and I slowly drift off into a deep sleep.

I know I was suppose to ask Calum about his past, but it didn't seem like the right time.

Not today.

----------------------------
Hiiiiii guys! I tried to spend more time on this chapter and make it longer than the previous ones! And sadly... No Camily (ship name) isn't official yet... It's been 40+ chapters but let's be real. It takes time.

💖Kayla