Chapter 17

I had just finished my calculus class, and it didn't go as bad as I thought. Mr. Duran taught at a slower pace making sure everybody was on the same page.

He'd specifically make eye contact with me every now and then because he knew I was one of those students. You know what they always say "it's better to keep up, than catch up."

It was now the first week of November, it was crazy how time flies. I look out of my window and admire the crisp leaves falling off the trees that sway in the autumn wind. The clouds overlap each other making the sky a gloomy day. The air was the kind of cold that made people feel alive as they would breathe it in.

I head on over to the kitchen and decide to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies. I always loved baking and every time I did I felt like a piece of my mom was with me. As I put the cookies in the oven I clean up my mess and head over to the couch. There wasn't anything good on, and I was bored at this point.

I was starting to get cold so I go over to my closet and change into a thicker sweater. I past Calum's hoodie, and I'm starting to think I've had it for way too long. Since I had nothing to do today, I decided to give him back his hoodie, and some cookies. This was probably a way of thanking him for taking care of me on Halloween.

The smell of chocolate chips has now filled the entire room. I hope the stoners next door don't break down the door. I eat a two within seconds and I'm tempted to eat more but I need to same some for Brittney too. I grab my phone to text Calum, hopefully he wasn't busy.

To Calum 2:30PM- Hey :) Are you home?

To Emily 2:45PM- I actually just got home haha

To Calum 2:50PM- Nice timing, do you mind if I come over real quick?

To Emily 2:55PM- Not at all :)

The leaves crunch beneath my feet as I make my way to Calum's dorm. I catch the scent of cinnamon from Starbucks, and I was loving the autumn vibe.

The walk is faster than I thought, and I'm already at his door. I knock a few times, and wait by the door. It was always awkward waiting for someone, as I see their neighbors pass by.

I hear the door unlock as I'm face to face with Calum. "Hey Emily, come on in." He looked like he just showered.

He was wearing a flannel, and some skinny jeans. Hot tamale.

I don't know why, but I was starting to feel a little different around Calum. Maybe because I remember what went down Halloween night, before I had couple more shots, and a few beers. "Here, I wanted to bring you this." I hand him his hoodie, and the cookies I had made. "Thank you for taking care of me on Halloween, it means a lot."

Calum looks at me for a few seconds before he begins to speak. "Oh um yeah, of course. I just finished playing soccer, so now probably I have to work out five times harder." He grabs what I handed him, as he sets in on the counter. I go over to the couch and take a seat. He takes a cookie and follows me.

"Wow Emily, I didn't know you could bake. Anything else you wanna tell me? His face was now stuffed and I couldn't help but laugh.

"No, I think that's for you to find out." I smile.

He and I probably stared at each other more than we did talking. It wasn't an awkward silence, but it was rather different.

My eyes start to scan his neck, and through the peak of his flannel, I see a mark. I gasp and move closer to him as my fingers gently move across the mark.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry. I thought it'd be gone by now." I was probably turning as red as a tomato at this point.

He looks at me confused, and grabs his phone to see the reflection of his neck. "It's fine Emily, I like it rough." He turns to wink at me, and I don't know why my inside start to tingle. "Well that makes two of us."

I know I told him I was going to come over real quick, but change of plans. We were right in the middle of watching The Ring, and I couldn't be more scared.

He was the one that chose this, but I didn't want to tell him I'm scared of horror movies.

However, I'm 99% sure my reactions were saying putting it out there. We we're in the pitch dark, and the only light I could see was from the laptop screen.

When the girl started coming out of the tv, I couldn't take it any longer. I was now hiding under the blanket about to shit in my pants.

Calum starts to burst out laughing as he pulls me closer to him. "Emily, it's just a movie." He starts to reassure me as he rubs my shoulder. I grab and cookie and eat cookie to calm my nerves.

"Can you tell me when the sun comes out in this movie?" I immediately bury my face into the nape of his neck. Horror movies in the pitch dark is too much to handle.

He turns his face to whisper in my ear. "I don't think that'll happen anytime soon. Don't worry, just remember she's an actress."

Calum did make a point, I needed to man up. Just as I turn to face the laptop, the girl screams and I shut my eyes faster than lightning.

"Did you want to watch something else?" I slowly open my eyes to see Calum staring at me. He was smiling like he wanted to laugh, but he held it in.

"It's okay, we can finish this." I start to stare closely at the corner of his mouth, and notice a bit of chocolate chip.

I giggle as I grab a small napkin and turn back to him. He was watching the movie but I had to interrupted him.

"Hey, turn you've got something." I hold his chin in one hand, as my other hand tries my best to take off all the chocolate in the dark. "Okay, you're good." I chuckle.

----------

YOU THOUGHT THEY WERE GON KISS

and make babies

BUT NOPE, the magic happens in chapter 70

HAHAHAH LITERALLY

anyways, how effin cute is calum

wait that's not even a question