Chapter 56

I hear a knock on my door, and I know it's Calum. I can't get over last night, it wasn't how I expected a party to end. Not like that of course. It was absolutely humiliating, and it's something that NO one can go back in change. I'm really hoping Calum realized he made a big mistake.

I lazy get up from the couch, and approach the door to open it. I wasn't really sure for what was next to come, but I'm all ears. Even if it ends up hurting me.

I get a light nod from Calum, as he makes his way towards the couch. I follow him, and we sit there in a few moments of silence. I didn't like seeing this side of Calum, it was new to me, and it was rare to see.

I grab the coffee maker, and pour a cup of coffee for myself. "Coffee?" I offer, looking at Calum for a response.

"No, thanks." He mumbles, avoiding eye contact with me. It did hurt a little, but I had to remember that my feelings mattered too.

"Oh, that's right you like tea." Too bad, I never liked tea. Coffee over tea any day.

"Why didn't you tell me you knew Ashton?" Calum asks in a defensive tone.

I was taken back by this. I didn't tell him I knew Ashton, and I wanted to tell him at a right time when I could ask about his past. So I'm assuming Michael the big mouth told him, or maybe Ashton did. Nah, most likely Michael.

"I didn't even know that you knew him, until your soccer game." I sigh. I didn't know when was the right time to mention Ashton to Calum, but it was too late for that now.

He turns to me, with his jaw clenched. "So is it true? Did you really hang out with him during winter break?" He asks me, in more of a taunting way.

Okay, now I know it was definitely Ashton. He was the only person I hung out with during winter break. He's got to be fucking kidding me right now. If this is what that whole fight was about, it's RIDICULOUS.

"Is this what you came here for?! To yell at me about hanging out with Ashton?! Yes I did a couple of times, but Calum we are just friends." I nearly yell.

"Yeah friends, but I liked you, you liked me, I thought we both got the picture." He snaps. I'm taken back by the tone in his voice.

I feel like I'm about to explode. I can't believe Calum would think I would fool around with Ashton when I'm strictly focused on one person already, and it's HIM!

"Got the picture?! Of course I got the picture Calum! I didn't sleep with him, we're just friends." I emphasize the just so he gets the damn picture himself.

I wait for him to respond, and he stays quiet. I clear my throat, agitated that he wouldn't say anything in return. "So what the hell happened last night?"

I look at him waiting for a response. "I got into a fight with Ashton." He mumbles just enough for me to hear him.

"Yeah, obviously. You nearly beat him to death, and your over here with just swollen knuckles." I felt bad for Ashton, he looked like he got jumped for christ sake.

He's silent for a moment. "Last night, Ashton was talking about you, and saying all these sexual things about you. And how it would be so easy for him to get you into bed with him too. He was saying all of these things and I-I just couldn't take it."