Chapter 13

"Was he seriously that hot? C'mon he's a professor, not all professors are hot." Today, I was at the mall with Brittney and we were shopping for Halloween costumes. Everyone got invited to Luke Hemmings Halloween party, even though I didn't know the guy himself, I knew friends of friends.

"Seriously Brittney, British accent, perfect brown hair, and those eyes. Girl, were they gorgeous." We were talking about Mr. Duran, my temporary math professor. I had to tell somebody, I could talk about this for days.

"Okay, if he is as hot as you say, I need to see him." We come across this small store that seems to be selling costumes. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go in because the lights were dim, and the music was just awful. But before I could say anything Brittney walked in.

"You really want to go in here?" I look and her, and back to the store. I was always very observant of my surroundings. I guess it was just a weird trait of mines.

"Yeah, why not? Maybe we might find something in here." I sure hope we do. Or well at least me, I'm always so indecisive and that's why I hated shopping sometimes.

Brittney and I split up in the store, we can still see each other from a distance since the store isn't that big. To my surprise, this store wasn't actually that bad. At this point, I'm expecting someone to pop out and say "it's not what matters on the outside, but what's on the inside."

It's been 45 minutes in and Brittney is trying on the loads of costumes. "Emily, did you find anything? I'm going to try on."

"No, not yet. I seriously don't know what to wear." I mean there was a bunch of cute things, but I don't think I'd match it any of them.

A lady in her late 30's comes up to me and smiles. "So, I see you need help finding a costume. We're you dressing to impress anyone?"

I laugh off the awkwardness. Does she really think I'm that type of person? "Uh, not really.. I didn't have anyone in mind."

She nods her head and leads me to the opposite side of the store. The side I didn't take a look at. "You look like more of the conservative type, but since its Halloween I assume you like to dress up." It was weird how on point her assumptions were, but I didn't say anything. She's probably been in the retail world for ages.

I find several costumes that were to my liking so I grab my size, and head on over to the dressing room. Just as I'm about to go in Brittney comes out in a costume. "Emily, what do you think of this?" It was a playboy bunny costume, she was going to get the loads of frat boys. "Wow, it makes your body look so good. You need to get it." Brittney smiles, and heads back into the dressing room.

I tried on all the costumes, except one. It just wasn't working out, it was either too itchy, or too short. I felt uncomfortable, I didn't know how some girls did this. I decided to try on the last one, and it was a French maid costume. I slipped it on within seconds, and it seem to fit in all the right places, but I needed another girls opinion. "Hey Brittney, can you come in here? I need a second opinion." I hear her dressing room door open, and she knocks on mines. I open it slowly, and peek my head out.

Brittney laughs as she tries to pull on the door. "Emily, c'mon I can't see anything with the door nearly closed." I let go of the door, as she walks in. Her eyes go wide and so does her smile.

"Holy shit Emily, you look hot. You need to buy that, no exceptions." I turn around to look in the mirror, and observe myself.

"I guess one night wouldn't be so bad." I say to myself as I look down at the costume.

"It's Halloween of course and, we're not done yet! Next is Victoria Secret, we need some undergarments. Or well at least I know I do." She says with a wink as she walks out of my dressing room. With that, I change back into my regular outfit and insist on buying the costume. I wonder what Anthony's going to say.

We walk into Victoria Secret, and Brittney grabs my hand as she leads us to the bras. I start to have a feeling she's going to make me buy something. "Your boobs would look amazing if you wear this and it comes with matching underwear. How cute is it Em!" It was a lacey red push up bra, with of course red laced underwear. It was funny how helpful and open she was about this.

After purchasing our things at Victoria Secret, we make plans to grab something to eat. At this point, we were starving. It takes us 10 minutes to get to the food court, and we successfully find a spot. "Britt, you can go first. I'll watch our stuff, and then I'll go." With that she grabs her things and leaves.

It's been a long day, and I'm tired. I put my head down, as my phone beeps. I unlock my phone, and open the text message. It's from Calum.

To Emily (4:30PM): Hey, turn around I see you :)

I don't reply, as I debate if I should turn around or not. I've been prank by a few friends before, and they weren't actually there. I ignore my thoughts, and slowly turn around. It was a bit crowded, so I'm surprised Calum saw me.

In response to Calum (4:33PM): I don't see you :-( Where are you?

To Emily (4:34PM): I'm right next to Fish N' Chips :) I'm in a gray sweater

I look really good this time, and see Calum. I laugh as I wave at him, and he does the same. He's sitting with someone with very bright hair. That guy turns around, and it's Michael Clifford. How lovely. Calum knows MIchael? Wow, another surprise. Michael turns to see who Calum was waving at, and he makes eye contact with me. He immediately turns back to Calum, and says something. If he's going to talk about Mr. Irwin, I'm going to die of embarrassment. Only girls would understand.

In response to Calum (4:40PM): How long are you here?

To Emily (4:41PM): I just got here an hour ago, you seem to be shopping lol

In response to Calum (4:41PM): Yeah, with my roommate. You remember her right? Hahaha, it's for Halloween :)

Just as my phone vibrates, Brittney comes back. I look up to her and she seems annoyed. "Ugh, don't go to Panda Express. The line is long as hell, and the lady messed up on my order." I grab my wallet and phone as I get up.

"I don't plan on going there, I'm headed over to Teddys Burgers. You want anything?" It's right next to Fish N' Chips, I wasn't going there because Calum was there. I was craving a damn burger, with some large fries. Good luck Emily, trying to fit into your costume next week.

Brittney shakes her head as I head on over to Teddy's Burgers. I check the text message from Calum, as I wait for my order.

To Emily (4:50PM): Haha yeah I sure do. What are your plans for Halloween?

In response to Calum (4:51PM): Anthony is dragging me to this guy name Luke's party. I heard it was going to be "big." Hby? :)

To Emily (4:53PM): Luke Hemmings? That's my good friend, I'm helping him throw it. I hope you come Emily, it'll be fun :)

I hear my order being called, and I grab my food. I walk back where Brittney was, and we both begin to eat our food. It literally took us less than 15 minutes to finish. Everything taste 10x better when you're hungry, no doubt about it. We decide to take a rest, and I text Calum back.

In response to Calum (5:15PM): Sorry, I was eating. But yeah, I'm most likely going so I'll see you there :)

"Hey, did you want to start heading back? I'm pretty tired." Brittney says, as she waits for my response.

"Yeah, I'm in need of a serious nap." I laugh, as we get up and grab out things. We throw our food away as we start to walk out of the food court. I turn to look if Calum is still there, but he had already left.

For some reason, a part of me wish he was still there.

---------------------------------

OMG thank you all for the 400 reads!!

It may not seem like a lot to you guys, but it means the world to me!

I made this fanfic 2 weeks ago, and I thought no one would actually read it.

You're amazing, don't forget :) Xx

I'm starting on the next chapter now!