Chapter 44

As I watch Calum and Ashton go back it at for awhile, I decide to walk on over to stop it. At this point I'm confused, what is all the bickering about? Calums face is fuming and Ashton had a smirk of an asshole.

But I'm held back by Michael. "I wouldn't go there if I were you." He says with concern, switching his eyes from me to Calum.

I furrow my eyebrows. "What why?"

"Calums not a good person to be around
when he's not so friendly." Well thanks for stating the obvious.

"Welcome to reality Michael, no one is." I roll my eyes, and begin to walk towards Calum. Sadly, Michael stops me again.

I watch as Luke approaches Calum and slowly tugs him by his jersey. I see Ashton walk away with a smirk.

"What's up with him and Ashton?" I nearly shout out of frustration. There is one thing I am NOT getting here. Is this really over a game? Or is there something behind it?

Michaels eyes suddenly go wide. "Woah woah woah, hold up. You know Ashton?"

"Irwin? Yes, his parents live down the street from mines."

"Woah, this is too much to take in. Why didn't you say this earlier?" Michael nearly shouts to me.

"Say what Michael?!"

"Yeah say what Michael?" Luke suddenly pops in. I look behind Luke to see Calum walking off the field.

I literally face palm myself. "Oh my god guys. I don't have time for this!" I push between the two, and catch up to Calum.

I begin to jog towards him, as he was already on the other side of the field. "Calum!" I pant as I catch up to him.

He notices my prescence but keeps on walking. "Hey, is everything okay?" I question, looking at him with concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He mumbles, keeping his eyes on the ground.

"That didn't really sound convincing."

He adjust his duffle bag on his shoulders. "Oh."

"Do you want to be alone?" I look up at him, wishing he could just look at me just once.

"Yes please." His voice cracks and a part of me breaks. Whatever happened 20 minutes ago, must have really been serious.

I stop and adjust my bag. "Okay well, I just want you to know I am so proud of you. I couldn't be happier. And what ever it is that's bothering you, just know you have someone you can talk to."

Calum stops in his tracks, and stays there for a few seconds. He slowly turns around and walks up towards me. His arms wrap around my waist as he pulls me in for a hug, resting his head on top of mines.

His lips slowly touch my ears. "Thank you."

I close my eyes and smile against his chest. If this feeling between Calum and I isn't more than friends, then I don't know what it is.
---------------------------
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY BEAUTIES! Sorry I'm currently on vacay and I haven't had the time to update but I'll always try my best!! Promise!! Hope you guys have a great day/night! THANK YOU FOR THE READS 😊👍

❤️KAYLA