Chapter 49

The sun peeked in my bedroom window, lighting my hair like a fiery halo. I lifted my head from the pillow, my wavy hair tumbling down my back like a waterfall. The suns vibrant rays sent a glossy, gold sheen all around the room.

The sound of the rhythmic waves tumbling in the surf brought a peaceful hymn to my ears, as I opened my window to feel the cool breeze. I closed my eyes yet again, the suns waking rays warming my body.

And then I come to realize, it's Valentines Day.

Well shit.

I remember how I would always hear my friends whine about how they don't have boyfriends. They go on about how much better the day would be if they had someone with whom to share it with.

Blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine!

I was always content with cheesy romance movies and a big box of chocolate, but I'm just missing one thing.

Calum.

Of course I have feelings for Calum. I have for awhile now. I really really like him. I guess you could say the past few months we've been a bit flirtatious.

I just don't have the guts to tell him that I want something more because he may not want the same. It's not as easy as people think.

But maybe today something will happen?

Maybe I'll get what I've been waiting for all this time.

I mean I better..

As I snap back to reality, I search for my phone.

I come to find a pink post-it stuck to the screen of my phone.

Follow the post-its, and you will find me :)
-Calum

Oh I had completely forgotten about last night.. So Calum and I went to the movie theaters to watch a movie, and as he was driving me back home I fell asleep in his car.

Yes, he carried me. I mean that is the only way I got back into my bed. There is no other possibility.

I decide to head on over to the bathroom, and freshen myself up for the day before I start looking for any more post-its.

As I step into the kitchen, I find a plate wrapped in foil with a red post-it.

Well don't just look at it, eat it.

I smile to myself, and follow the rules. I mean, I must eat this in order to find my next clue.

I open up the foil, and its pancakes with a side of bananas.

Calum was sweet enough to put the syrup, and butter on the table, but I was getting a bit thirsty.

As I grab the jug of milk, to my surprise, there's another post-it.

Meet me at our secret park ;-)

After I finish my breakfast, I grab my bag and start on my mission to find Calum.

I was very intrigued with what he had planned. I never knew Calum being full or surprises and all, but that's what I liked about him.

My fingers nervously fold and unfold themselves around each other in a vigorous pattern.

I feel every nerve in my body twitch from nervousness, I didn't think it was possible for one person, one guy to make me feel such a way.

As I follow the trail, I come into view with Calum. The scenery was amazing, he decorated the park table with balloons and flowers. I was shocked.