Chapter 45

CALUM

"Irwin." I spat, looking down at him in disgust. This is the last person I wanted to fucking run into. Why didn't I think about this? Of course I knew Ashton went to West Tech.

"Wow, Hood you really cleaned yourself up. I'm impressed." He laughs coldly.

He tilts his head, and squints his eyes at me. "I mean who knew you'd be back on the field, whose the new girl huh?"

"What the hell is your problem?!" I snap, causing a few people to look at us.

"Oh, so now you're not all talk huh? Last time I remember you were the one attacking me." Ashton says, trying to intimidate me.

"Go fuck yourself man." I scoff, as I walk away from him into the crowd.

He chuckles. "Oh, Avery beat me to that."

I stop in my tracks and slowly turn around. My hands close into fists and I crouched forward, daring him to repeat once more the words that had torn my heart into fragments.

As I'm about to swing at Ashton, Luke begins to tug into my jersey. "Calum, stop. It's not worth it."

Ashton smirks. "Yeah, listen to the fella." I want to wipe the smirk of his fucking face.

Luke pipes in, giving Ashton a shove. "No one's talking to you, short fuck. Get going."

I shove Luke's hand of my shoulder, and storm off of the field.

At this point I was pissed, I don't know what I'm more upset about. Ashton bringing up my past, or seeing his face again.

Life was going great, and now everything seems to be coming back. If we have to play West Tech again this season, I don't think I could do it.

All of these memories, all of the bad times come flashing back into my head, and I go into that state of mind.

Uncertainty rises in me, and for some reason I feel tears of anger begin to form in the corner of my eyes.

This was my first game and this was the last thing I expected to happen.

As I'm walking off the field, I hear light panting and footsteps behind me. I don't know who it is, nor do I really care.

Then I hear her speak. Emily. "Cal?!"

At this point I was more than upset. I continue to walk, and keep my contact on the ground.

She lightly taps my shoulder. "Hey, is everything okay?" I sense the concern in her voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I mumble.

She chuckles, trying to lighten the mood. "That didn't really sound convincing."

I adjust my duffle bag on my shoulders, and continue to walk. "Oh."

"Do you want to be alone?" She questions me.

"Yes please." I respond.

I hear her stop in her tracks. "Okay well, I just want you to know I am so proud of you. I couldn't be happier. And what ever it is that's bothering you, just know you have someone you can talk to."

A small sigh escapes me, and I slowly turn around. Who am I kidding? I care about this girl, and the last thing I want to be doing is pushing her away. Just because I'm upset doesn't mean I should put it out on her.

My eyes meet Emily's and my heart beat stops for a second. I slowly walk up towards her, and my arms wrap around her waist as I pull her in for a hug.

I don't know what made me do that, but all I know is that with Emily, she makes me feel better.

------------------

heres another chapter!! sorry guys i havent updated as much as i do, as i stated in the last chapter i AM on vacay atm. but im trying to update whenever i get the chance! but tysm for all the reads! but eeeeek, so excited the boys are coming to seattle july 24! at the key arena! IM LITERALLY 20MINS AWAY LIKE HOLLLLLY MOLY.

Kayla