Chapter 12

OCD. Obsessive Coffee Disorder. Yup, that's what this girl has, me, Emily Creighton. I can never go a day without coffee, whether it's from Starbucks or if it's instant. They say money can't buy you happiness, but you can buy coffee. I assume that's pretty close.

It's 10AM on a Thursday morning, and I'm glad I don't have class today. That gives me time to catch up on my homework, and finish what needs to be done. I decide to relax in bed for a bit, and go on my phone. Brittney is still sleeping, and snoring too.. so I'm trying not to wake her up like she did to me.

About 10 minutes later, my stomach starts to growl. I get up and make something to eat. I grab the waffles from the freezer, and get the toaster from the cabinet. As I put the waffles in the toaster, I change my clothes. I throw on a pair of light high waisted shorts, with a pastel pink off the shoulder crop top. I brush my teeth, and decide to keep my hair in a braid until I'm done eating. My hair was pretty long, and it was a bother having it in my face sometimes.

I finish my waffles within minutes, and decide to make some extra ones for Brittney. She was a sweet girl, so I had no problem with it.

After I'm done with that, I decide to lay in bed for awhile. I was planning on doing my homework around 12. Anthony told me that the park across campus is a really great place to study. It's quiet, peaceful, and has tables that aren't filled with bird poop. So I made up my decision to go there today.

Time passed by as I was listening to the Sublime Radio on Pandora. I didn't like downloading music because it would take forever, and nobody got time for that. I keep my earphones in as I slip on my sandals and grab my bag.

The walk to the park was pretty quick, and I see nobody here. Perfect. My eyes wander to a beautiful white fountain, it was big. It had ducks swimming around, and a few frogs. I wonder who feeds them?

I find a bench near the fountain, and begin on my homework. I needed to complete my 10 page essay, and I was already half way there. I take a break on that, and do some reading for Psychology.

I check the time to see it's already 2:30PM, it was still early. I take a break doing homework, and relax for awhile. This wasn't due until next Monday, but I wanted to get it over with. I enjoyed having the weekends homework free.

Just as I'm about to close my eyes, a ball rolls on the side of my leg. I keep my eyes close, and kick the ball back with my legs. Sadly it doesn't work because it just rolls on the other side of me.

"You've got to be kidding me." I mutter to myself, obviously annoyed I just want to rest.

I hear some panting as the voice grows louder. "Sorry, I was practicing on my kicks, but I guess I kicked to far." I grab the ball up and turn around.

Just as I'm about to give the ball back, I recognize the face. "Calum? What are you doing here?"

He looks at me surprised. "Emily? I could ask you the same thing."

Wow, he really does work out. He was practically soaked in that muscle tank he's wearing.

I realize I've been staring a bit longer than I should. "Oh, I was just doing homework. I didn't know you play soccer." I say as avoid eye contact. He probably saw me checking him out, but it's normal everyone does it.

He goes to sit down on the bench, so I do the same and sit next to him.

I guess I'm not going to be finishing homework anytime soon.

-----------------------

lmao wtf am i writing

im not surprised if anyone isn't reading this

but hey, if you are, youre da bomb.com forreal

Anyways thank you for reading, this will be a very long story ❤️