Chapter 20

I roll over in bed, rubbing my eyes as I begin to stretch. I lazily reach towards my night stand for my phone.

My eyes widen as I look at the time. "Damn it!" It was 12:00 and I'm supposed to meet Anthony at 11:45 at his dorm.

It was finally the weekend, and we were going to the beach today.

I quickly get off of my bed and go through my drawers in search of my mint colored bikini, a sundress, and some slippers. I find my ray bans, and quickly shove them onto my head.

I change quickly, and put some face cream on my face to hide the fact that I've just woke up. I release my hair from its messy braid, letting the waves cascade down my back. I sigh at how messy it looks, and brush through it, getting every tangle possible.

I slide my bag across my chest, as I grab my phone and head out the door.

I walk outside, and shut the door behind me. I push my sunglasses down onto my eyes as I walk to Anthony's. I can feel the heat on my arms, and I'm glad I didn't forget sunscreen. It was rare to have the sunny weather come out during the fall, but it was something everyone took advantage of.

I meet up with Anthony, as we walk to the beach.

It was only 20 minutes away, so there was no reason to drive.

The beach comes into view, and it's nearly empty with only a few surfers in the water. We find a spot right under a palm tree, and decide to lay over there.

We set our beach mats down, and I pull off my dress revealing my mint colored bikini. Anthony follows as he takes of his tank top.

The sun comes down on us as we ramble on about what we're doing for Thanksgiving. My dad called the other dad, and asked for me and Max to come down for the weekend. I was excited to go back home. I've missed it so much. Anthony was going spend the weekend at Cole's.

Just as we're looking through magazines, we suddenly see a soccer ball roll out of nowhere. It flies some sand in our way too by how fast it's going.

Anthony gets up crossing his arms. "Okay, really funny Clifford. Show yourself boy."

We see a familiar blonde running up to us. As he comes closer, I realize its Luke.

"Hey, Anthony. Oh, and hello Emily." He says catching his breath, but still managing to give us a smile.

Anthony gives Luke a death stare. "So it was you that got sand over us, Hemmings."

He sits down, as he grabs the ball between his feet. "Well it is the beach." He chuckles.

We carry on for quite some time, and I catch Luke make several glances in my direction. I don't think much about it, he's probably not staring at my face anyways.

"Ay, Luke!" I hear someone from behind us say, and I turn around to see Calum running up to us. My goodness.

"We we're wondering where you went." He looks to Luke, and then looks at me.

"Hey Emily." He waves, as he sits down next to Luke. His eyes scanning my body for a little too long.

"Don't forget Anthony." I roll my head back and laugh.

I watch as Luke gets up. "Sorry man, I'll head back then. You guys wanna join?" He looks at the both of us waiting for a response.

Anthony quickly gets up. "I'll come, see you in a bit Em." He goes to follow Luke.

I try not to look at Calum's body, but when I'm faced with such a beauty it's hard not to stare. I can see how toned his muscles are, and how perfect his tanned skin is. His dark hair with a shade of blonde is such a perfect contrast.

"It's okay Emily, I don't mind you looking." My cheeks begin to fluster a light shade of pink.

"In your dreams Hood." He smiles at me, and I roll my eyes.

"So what are you doing for Thanksgiving?" He looks up from playing with the sand. He looked like a 5 year old, but a cute one.

"I'm heading back home for the weekend with Max." I smile just thinking about it. "And you?"

"I'm headed back home as well, my flights booked a few days early."

"That's good to hear." Calum was very close to his family, so it was good that he was going home.

He gets up eagerly. "Wanna rent some surfboards?" I furrow my eyebrows because I didn't know if he was serious right now.

"Surf? I don't even know how." I shriek. One of the main reasons why I didn't like surfing was because of sharks. I hate sharks.

"That's the point, I'll teach you." Calum knew how to surf? So many surprises with this boy.

He chooses to teach me the moves in the sand before we head out into the water. It'd be safer this way, instead of drowning for my dear life.

"Make sure you're always lined up with the middle line." He says looking at me with concern.

"Alright, what's next?" I turn to look at him.

"Put your arms out to your side, and pretend your paddling." He motions and I mimic his moves.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Wait what? On the sand?"

"No, Emily." He says sarcastically. "The sky."

I begin to burst out into laughs, and stick out my hands. "Okay, okay."

We practice a few other movements several times before going into the water. We go out until we're at least half way into the water. Calum holds my board, as I climb on.

A few minutes later I hear him shout to start paddling, so I begin to do so. I start to crouch when I successfully catch my first wave.

"I did it! Did you see that?" I was cheering, and fist pumping. I couldn't be happier.

"I saw it, I mean there isn't much people out here." He laughs, as he gives me a thumbs up. I start to swim back to him.

I hold my breathe as I go underwater. I swim to Calum's board and tip it over, making him fall into the water.

I grip onto my surfboard as I begin to laugh. He pops his head above the water, and swims over to tickle me. I turn around to make him stop, but he doesn't budge. My hands are pressed up against his chest, and he wraps his arm around my waist.

I catch myself looking into his eyes for a few seconds longer than usual. He looks back at me and smiles. That makes my heart beat even faster.

A waves comes crashing onto us, and Calum lets go of his grip on me. We swim back to shore to catch up with our surfboards.

"Are we going to do this again sometime?" He asks as he turns to me.

I look up at him, and smile. "Of course we are."

---------------

THANK YOU FOR THE 700+ READS

I LOVE EVERY ONE OF YOU

YOU'RE AMAZING, AND DON'T SAY OTHER WISE

WHY IS THIS IS CAPS..

okay better

xoxo,

Kayla