Chapter 59

Today I made plans with Anthony to go to shopping, because we haven't seen each other in forever. I think the last time I saw him was at Luke's spring break party, which didn't go so well...

We were both coming from different directions, so we decided to meet up at the mall. However, this mall was further out of town but it had better varieties so we agreed on the long drive. Calum was kind enough to let me drive his car.

Anyways, I stand outside of American Apparel waiting for him. I sit down on a bench and listen to music to pass time.

About ten minutes later, I see a face in the corner of my eye, and it's exactly who I thought it would be.

"Anthony, boo boo! I missed you." I get up and lean in for a warm hug. I missed him.

He pout his lips. "Girl, I haven't see you since Hood stole you from me."

"Alright, he didn't steal me. I'm just his." I wink.

We spend several hours shopping around different stores. But we mostly went into stores that had both women and men's clothes so neither one of us we're going to be bored. I saw a really nice grey NASA shirt, and I thought of Calum so I bought it.

Calum had soccer practice today, and he has another game coming up pretty soon. I'm hoping it's nothing like the last one.

Back to reality, Anthony and I begin to get hungry, so we agree on Red Robins. It was the closest thing to us, and we couldn't walk any further, not anymore. I was close to asking that little kid for a bite of his ice cream.

As soon as we walk in, we are immediately seated which I was thankful for because I don't think I could wait any longer. I was craving a really good bacon cheeseburger, and some fries.

We come quick to our decisions on what to eat, so we just sit there in silence on our phones.

I'm scrolling through Instagram, and Calum's sister, Mali followed me. 

She spammed my phone with likes, and commented on one of my photos. It was a picture of me cuddle up with the massive elephant Calum got me for my birthday, Elli.

"You're so cute Emily! Calum has this pic as his lock screen, can't wait to meet u Xx"

I instantly reply back to her comment.

"Thank you beautiful! Your brother is an amazing guy, both inside and out. Can't wait to meet you as well :-)"

Anthony immediately clears his voice, and whispers to me. "Emily, don't look to your left. Don't do it."

My eyes become narrow, and being the damn rebel I am I turn to my left. And, I immediately regret it. It's Ashton.

Yup, Ashton Irwin is seated right across  from us. Awkward af.

Thank goodness he didn't see us looking at him.

I don't necessarily know what happened the night of spring break, nor do I want to remember a single thing. Although, I don't know exactly what went down between him and Calum, so I can't just ignore Ashton and treat him like shit? It's just not cool.

"Well this is awkward." I mutter. This was the last thing person I'd expect to see. But it does make sense, we were out of our usual town.

Anthony sips his lemonade. "Just ignore him, good thing your kiwi fruit isn't here or else he'd put a evil chant on dat ass."

I suddenly choke on my soda, and begin to gasp for air. Anthony and his smart ass comments like usual.

And awkwardly the waiter delivers us our food when I'm looking my worse.

That's when Anthony chooses to be the loudest person possible. The loudest mofo award in this restaurant goes to.... Anthony Walsh!

He suddenly drops his fries. "Ouch, damn these fries are hot as fuck. My goodness." He immediately starts to blow his fingers.

And now I have a feeling half of the restaurant is looking at us. I'm extremely embarrassed right now.

I look around the restaurant, and my eyes suddenly meet Ashton's again. Damn it Emily. 

His eyes light up, and he gives me a wave. "Hey Em, it's nice to see you."

I manage to smile at him. "Likewise, Ashton."

Well wasn't that an awkward sighting.. I ignore it, and focus on this awesome burger. Man, this is what I live for, fine burgers and delicious salty fries. No salad for this girl!

Anthony recovers from his dramatic burn, and we get up to leave. We call this the end of our day, and have to leave now if we want to beat traffic.

Just as we're heading towards the door, I hear Ashton's voice. "Uh hey Em!"

I slowly turn around, and look at him. "Yeah?"

"When do you plan on going back to your dads?" He questions me, watching me intently.

I shrug my shoulders. "Not sure, how come?"

He gives me a smirk. "Well, we're gonna kick it ya?" My stomach drops, and I can't think of anything to say. I mean is he doing this to antagonize Calum, or does he really want to hang out with me? Eh, pretty sure it's the first reason.

I look deep into his eyes, hoping he understands that I'm not stupid. "If it's to antagonize Calum, then no we're not."

No one messes with what's mines.

----------------------------------------------

yoooo how weird was that?? Y'ALL THOUGHT ASHTON WAS LOOOONG GONE. hahaha WRONG! i decided to do another chapter, because i know i wont be able to any once the weekend is over! i have tests coming up, and i won't be on wattpad anytime after this, but ill try to be on frequently! thank you guys for the 5k, how awesome!! hope u keep reading :) Xx

<3 Kayla