Chapter 4

Ivy

"We're not doing a powerpoint," I tell Aaron. We've been arguing over this for an hour.

"Well, that's what I wanna do." His tone is sharp, and unmoving.

"Looks like we're at a disagreement, and you know what we do when there's a disagreement?" 

I sigh. "What, Aaron?"

"A staring contest." I almost laugh, but by the look on his face, I realize he's being serious.

"Why would we-" He sits beside me on the couch, cross legged, and close to my face.

"Starting now." If this will convince him, I'll do it.

"And no looking away," he whispers. Oh, god.

I feel his warm breath on my face, and I look straight into his eyes, an explosion of green colours.

He stares right back, and I almost feel insecure at the way he's analyzing me.

My eyes start burning, but I try to focus on him. You can do this, Ivy; come on.

But, I really don't think I can do this as soon as he looks at my lips.

Aaron

I've never understood the enigma that is Ivy Blake or why I just can't seem to resist her.

I just can't resist taunting her every day at school.

I just can't resist finding ways to annoy her.

And as I stare at her now, I just can't resist looking at her lips.

I inch closer to her face, and her breathing halts, my own heartbeat picking up.

"What are you doing?" she asks. I don't respond because, frankly, I have no fucking clue what I'm doing.

Who would've thought this is what we'd come to? Sworn enemies to almost kissing?

Our lips are a hair's breadth away from one another when she finally breaks eye contact.

"Looks like we're doing the powerpoint." I taunt her. She scowls at me, her cheeks flushed a crimson red.

"That wasn't fair," she says as she gets up from the couch, her arms crossed together.

"You could've done the same thing."

"Yeah, you would want that," she scoffs.

"And you wouldn't?"

"No-no I wouldn't."

What a liar.

"I don't believe-" and I realize Ivy Blake just can't resist me either as I feel her lips crash into mine.