Chapter 55

Ava

A silky red dress adorns my body, along with it black heels. As I walk into the club, I can't help but admire how large, and grandiose it is. Bright lights, and loud music fill the air, and people dance all around the room.

"You look pretty, Ava," a voice whispers in my ear. I turn around, and find Jason standing in front of me. I can't help but laugh at his bluntness. It's a nice compliment either way, so I do a little twirl to show off my look.

And I know he's the one that invited me, but I find myself looking for Liam anyway. I'm not sure what to expect or what I should say to him, but I wanna say something. I hope he wants to say something too.

All I've been able to think about is our kiss, and everything leading up to it. How he said it was hard without me, and how I told him I cared.

It was the first time in a long time that he opened up, and I just hope he doesn't go back putting up his walls. Nevertheless, I'll appreciate that moment.

As I follow Jason further into the club, I find Liam sitting at the bar. One drink in hand, his eyes shamelessly trace down my body.

"Hi." I wave awkwardly because my heart is suddenly racing. I realise more so than Jason, I want Liam's validation. Well, perhaps I've always known that. He smirks, a sultry look on his face, and I'm positive I might pass out...again. Even as I go to sit beside him, I can feel his hard stare.

Liam's not very vocal with his compliments, but his attention is enough to make me feel good. "You want a drink?" he asks. I see him holding a glass of his unfinished one, and I steal it from him.

I make a face, realising it's a lot stronger than I anticipated. Usually, I go for sweet cocktails, not whatever poison he's drinking. A lemon wedge gets shoved into my mouth, letting that rid the bitter taste. I suck on it slowly, Liam's eyes subtly looking at my lips.

And then Jason comes up behind us, and hands me an entire bottle of alcohol. "How did you even get this?"

"Doesn't matter. Drink up." I look at Liam again as he sips on another drink.

"Are you gonna take care of me?" I ask, bottle in hand, and ready to go.

"Mhm..." He hums a nod, so I take a swig of the drink, my eyes watering a little from the taste, and I hand it back to Jason. Shot after shot, we exchange the bottle until I'm wasted, and Jason is nowhere near there.

"Alright." I slam the bottle back on the table, and look at Liam. He raises his brows, waiting for me to continue. Even in my drunken state, I can tell he'll be amused by what I say next.

"Dance with me."