Chapter 102

Ava

"Where are we going?" I ask again as Liam speeds through the roads we've been driving on for far too long. He shakes his head, laughing at my impatience.

"We're getting close, baby." He's been saying that for the past hour. I wait in anticipation, trying to make out where we are, and a part of me starting to recognize this place.

The same streets, and noises of machines whirring in the distance, I realise it's the amusement park as soon as I see the neon sign lighting the entrance. The same amusement park we had our first date...The same amusement park we had our first kiss... I look at Liam who's looking at me, a grin on his face.

"It's not open for much longer, but-" I wrap my arms around him, giddy to go back to a place that means so much to us.

So, hand in hand we walk through the entrance, everything as it always was. The same carousel with the smiling children, the same games that are rigged against us, the same ferris wheel. I feel like this is a portal back in time. When we were the same, yet so, so different.

And when I see the photo booth, my heart melts. The dingy, old thing has a piece of us in there. A piece of little-Ava, and Liam having their first kiss.

I look at Liam who's staring at it too, a look of disbelief on his face. "It's still here..."

"I know. Can you believe it?" I breathe out. "Come on." I grab his hand, and lead us inside, more nostalgia hitting me.

We sit on the same uncomfy wooden seats as before, the same robotic voice saying the same prompt. "You'll have three chances to pose, so have fun!"

I stick out my tongue, and Liam makes his own horrendous looking expression, tongue out, and nose scrunched. At least he's not just laughing at me this time.

And for the second pose, I rest my head on his shoulder again, and he just stares at me, practically identical to the first time we did this. The picture gets taken, and he laughs. "Are we just doing the same thing as last time?"

I stare up at him. "Why? Is there something wrong with that?" He smiles.

"No, I just feel like we should do something a little different."

"Like what?" I ask, not wanting to break tradition.

"Like, I dunno. We've had our first kiss here, so I feel like it's just fitting..." He prolongs his point.

"Tell me before the time runs-"

"Do you wanna be my girlfriend?

____

happy gf's day :)