Chapter 95

Ivy

I can't quite put into words how I feel, but it's something I wish I could feel forever. I wish I could forever marvel at how perfectly my head fits into the crook of his neck. How our lips dance together in synchronicity. How beautifully calm it is in his arms, and how every problem falls away when I feel his breath against mine.

But at some point you have to let go of even the most beautiful of moments. Even ones you never, ever want to go away. "What were you asking Ashton earlier? Something about your parents' business, I think." Aaron sighs.

"Yeah, I think they wanted you to talk to your dad only so that they can do business with him." He shakes his head in annoyance. "They're greedy, and that's the only reason they cared."

I should've expected it. People like them, I've realised, will step on someone else's toes just to get ahead in life. They think the world owes them, somehow. That everyone else is merely a puppet they can use, and discard.

"And what's gonna happen now?" I ask. "I mean, after what you did, my dad isn't gonna be very fond of doing any business with your parents, and they certainly aren't gonna be fond of me now that I've ruined their chances."

"They'll probably kick us out," he says nonchalantly.

"What do you mean they'll kick us out?" I could understand why they'd kick me out, but Aaron's their son. Surely they wouldn't do that to him.

"They've threatened to kick me out before, and this time they probably will. I'm almost certain, actually. And since they own the apartment I live in, I'm gonna have to find a new place. Maybe find roommates to live with."

"Mm..." I can't help but imagine what it'd be like to live with Aaron. How he'd shower me in kisses every morning. How his scent would linger in every room I walk in. How doing laundry would be exhilarating simply because he's doing it with me. God, I'm screwed, aren't I?

Probably, but I don't care. I don't care, so I ask him anyway. "Do you wanna be my roommate?"