Chapter 103

Liam

I stare at her. Eyes wide, and cheeks red, sitting in this old photobooth, I can say Ava's the most beautiful girl I've ever known. I want to memorise the topography of her skin, and burn it into my mind forever. I want to study her for centuries, and even then, I don't think it'd be enough.

She's everywhere I look. In the curb of every road, and in the smoke of every cigarette. She's in every October 31st, and in every new sweater I buy. Most of all, she's here with me now, and I don't know what I did to deserve it.

My stomach's in knots as I await an answer to my question, doubt running through my mind. But then our forehead's brush, her hands holding my face, and pulling me close, and everything just stops. My mind calms, and the doubt falls away.

"Yeah," She breathes out. "I wanna be your girlfriend." I think I burn in that moment, like an old matchstick being lit aflame. Old desires I tried to suppress reigniting. I don't think they can be stopped anymore.

I bring our lips together, my hands running through her hair, and a flash of a camera being heard in the booth. I pull away, both of us grinning in childlike delight.

She grabs the three pictures as they whirr out of the machine, and then grabs my hand to go somewhere else. "Ferris wheel!" she exclaims, out of breath. "We need to go on the ferris wheel."

As I follow her through this maze of an amusement park, I can't help but smile. I've never been quite sure what happiness feels like, but I think it probably feels a lot like this. A lot like her. I think she is my happiness, and I hope I can be hers too. 

____

been slacking on the chapters cuz i've been a lil busy, but i'll post more frequently once i get the chance :)