Chapter 101

Ava

My heart stops, and restarts. Stops, and restarts. Stops, and restarts. I swear I can feel the universe smiling down at me, and telling me, this is it. It probably is too, isn't it? This is that moment I'll remember for the rest of my life. The one I'll tell our future grandkids about.

What was your happiest moment, grandma? When you felt like your every prayer had been answered? And I would say here, and now. Standing in front of the blonde-haired boy they call their grandpa, and how he just confessed his love for me.

I try to take it in a second longer. His warm hands cradling my face, and eyes searching for something that I don't have the words to convey. I smile though, the emotion welling into my eyes. He wipes away my tears as he always does.

"I'm in love with you back," I finally reply. "And please don't stop yourself from it." He breathes out a breath he'd been waiting to take, a warm smile coming over his face that just kills me even more.

His eyes trace down my features, his thumb rubbing my jaw, and his other hand in my hair. And when his gaze lingers on my lips, my mouth goes completely dry.

"Kiss me..." I whisper, unable to stop myself from saying it. He looks away from my lips, and at me again as if he'd just gotten out of a trance. As if the thought of kissing me had consumed him.

"Fuck, say that again."

"Please..." I move closer to his mouth, his breath hot against my face. "Kiss me." Our lips brush a moment, and when I'm about to pull away, he pulls me back in.

And as soon as his mouth presses against mine, I swear I know what euphoria feels like. I swear the entire world keeps spinning, but we don't. We're still. We're so completely, and utterly entrenched in this moment that everything else is going as it always is, but not us. We're still. I'd like to stay this way forever. Still...Still...Still...

_______

lmk how u like itttttt :))))