Chapter 63

Ava

"Ever heard of knocking, J?" Liam gets off of me, and I stay on the bed, unable to make eye contact with either of them.

"Didn't know you guys were together again," Jason shrugs. "We have practice, so get your ass up." He seems unfazed by the situation, giving me a subtle wink before leaving the room. 

"Uh-" I'm cut off by Liam's face close to mine again, his hot breath making goosebumps rise on my skin. "You have to go," I reason, embarrassed, and covering my face.

"You were talking a big game yesterday..." He completely ignores what I'm saying, and I realise there's no escaping this.

Memories of last night start coming back; the slow dance, the curb, the shooting star. "I was drunk," I state. "And I didn't mean it." A look of sadness flashes his eyes, and I immediately regret saying that.

And as he starts to pull away, I grab his arm. "Sorry, wait. I- I did mean it. I just-" While I'm overthinking, Liam's mouth forms into a smirk, amused at my panicked reaction.

"Oh, I know you meant it, Ava." And just as he's about to lean in—

"Hurry the fuck up!" A small smile traces up my lips as Jason screams for Liam to come downstairs.

"This isn't over,"  he states before leaving for the door.