Chapter 56

Ava

"I don't dance, Ava." I stand in front of Liam, practically begging him to come with me, but he doesn't budge. Having no other choice, I go with Jason instead.

We dance together, my hips swaying, and feet thudding as I jump up, and down. This is definitely the point when I realise how drunk I actually am. My vision is blurry, and the room spins a little, but I let myself have fun.

Tossing my head in the air, and closing my eyes, I take in the atmosphere. It's a bittersweet feeling because I know I'll look back, and miss this moment. I know I'll want to relive this. The only person that I wish were here is Liam.

I turn to him sitting by the bar with his legs sprawled out, and his eyes watching me intently. When I motion him to join me, he shakes his head. It makes me annoyed, so in my drunken state, I decide to go further into the crowd. That way, he can't see me anymore.

Within seconds I feel him grab my hips, and turn me around. "Come here to dance?" I ask, grinning, and putting my arms around his shoulders.

"No." He keeps hold of my hips as I start to sway to the music, him still being rigid, and unmoving no matter how hard I try to get him to loosen up.

"One song? Please."

"Okay." I smile, having finally convinced him. But I suddenly become aware of how close together we are. If I were sober, I would be freaking out, but right now, I'm feeling rather bold.

Liam breaths hotly on my face, his hands holding me tight, and eyes glued to my lips. "You want to kiss me, don't you?" I whisper, leaning into his face. He rolls his tongue on the inside of his cheek, looking away for a second as he smirks.

"You're drunk."

"Mm, you still wanna kiss me though." He brings his lips down to my ear, goosebumps rising on my skin from the close contact.

"I wanna do a lot of things to you, Ava...