Chapter 12

Ivy

I reach out for Liam's hand, watching Aaron's reaction at the same time.

Pretend you're having the time of your life, Ivy.

I look at Liam lovingly, my arms wrapped around his shoulders, his around mine.

"This is nice," he says, looking at me in some sort of intense gaze.

What this is, is awkward, but I nod anyway.

We continue slow dancing, and discreetly, I look around for Aaron. I can't find him, but then I hear his voice.

"May I have this dance?" he asks. I turn around to see him drenched from the rainy weather, in a flannel and black jeans, old sneakers on his feet.

He didn't even dress up?

He bows a bit, and I can't help but grin at how ridiculous this all is coming from us.

I take his hand, bowing back, going along with whatever he's planning on doing.

Unlike Liam, Aaron holds me by the waist, and I feel butterflies from that simple of a touch.

"I'm not forgiving you that easily, you know?" I get straight to the point.

He smiles. "Who said I'm here to apologize?"

"Oh, you aren't?" I start to leave, and he pulls me back, his chin propped on my shoulder, my back facing him now.

His lips are close to my neck, and he moves my hair to one side.

"I'm sorry, Ivy. Let me make it up to you."