Chapter 41

Ava

I watch him as he runs towards his team, a small smile on his face. God, he looks beautiful when he smiles. His hair is longer now, and he has stubble that wasn't there before. I drink in every part of this boy, quenching the thirst I didn't know existed.

I watch him as everyone smothers him in hugs, and praise. He seems happy, and that gives me a sense of relief. After we stopped seeing each other, I was worried for Liam. He barely came to class, and when he did, he'd look angry.

I wanted to talk to him, and ask him if he was okay, but I'd assumed he wanted space. I couldn't help but feel guilty for so long after that, wondering if he'd ever find happiness without me, but he has. He has.

My heart bursts in pride, and I almost want to cheer alongside the opposing team. That's silly, I know, but no matter what happened between us, I'll always support him.

And as much as I try to stop myself, I can't help but reminisce on what we had. A selfish part of me wants to wrap myself in his embrace, feel the shape of his lips against mine. I want to take in his scent, tell him how much I miss him, how much I still think about him. There's still a longing in my heart, a wound that'll never heal.

But, I have to ignore it. I can't let myself get in the way of his life. I don't need to make things more complicated, and besides, he probably has a girlfriend.

The thought of that makes my stomach clench, and I have to stop myself from being sad. I left him, and I have no right to have feelings for Liam anymore. I can only be happy he's moved on.

My body, apparently, doesn't agree with that. I feel tears stinging my eyes. I'm shaking, and a cry is lodged deep within my throat. Stop. Stop. Stop.

"Hey, are you okay?" I hear Chase ask. My vision starts to blur, and before everything goes black, I see a pair of blue eyes peer into mine. 

_______

hi, ty for all the support on the story so far <3 my writing's by no means perfect, and i'm still learning as i go. pls leave any feedback u have, and i'll be sure to try improving.

also, update on the book-version of this story: still writing, and it's taking longer than i anticipated. if all goes well, it'll be done soon.

again, tysm for reading thus far. i appreciate u so so much.