Chapter 64

Ava

An hour or so passes before the front door opens. My eyes, like a magnet, go to Liam, and he has a small smile on his face. I can already feel my heart race.

"Hey." Jason interrupts our flirty staring, and I'm reminded that we aren't alone right now. "Who's watching the football game with me?" he asks, plopping himself onto the couch. Neither of us responds. "Come on. You guys can hook up later."

"We're not hooking up," I'm quick to dismiss. Liam doesn't seem to mind the accusation.

"Yeah, yeah. Then watch the game with me."

"Fine." There's no way I'm letting Jason think Liam and I are hooking up. It's already bad enough that he saw us together this morning.

After a few minutes of watching the game, Jason gets up. "Where are you going?" Liam asks a little too eagerly. 

"Bathroom, you weirdo." And as he goes, Liam's lips latch onto my neck. My breath halts, his warm mouth exploring my body hungrily. I forgot how good this felt.

His hand travels up the slit of my dress, and rests at my hip, rubbing it up, and down while his other one holds my neck.

A whimper escapes my throat as he continues to pepper me with kisses, light enough to leave no marks but deep enough to make me hold his head for leverage.

"Fuck. Me." He lets out a grunt, pulling me closer to him as his dark scent floods my senses. Everything about this is euphoric, his hands roaming my body, his soft lips kissing parts of me that he hasn't kissed in so long. My head is spinning.

But as soon as I hear Jason's footsteps reapproaching, I pull Liam away, sitting further away from him now to evoke no suspicion. God, what have I gotten myself into?