Chapter 25

Liam

"What? So you decided to run away instead?" I laugh as Ava tells me about her first kiss.

"I got nervous, and...:" I watch her as she continues talking. I watch her freckled nose, and nervous grin. I watch her flushed cheeks, and brown eyes. I watch her pink lips. Control yourself.

"Hello, Earth to Liam..."

"Yeah? Sorry, I got distracted." Instead of embarrassing myself more, I change the topic.

"So, who were you crying about the other day? You know, the one you didn't feel good enough for." Her face falls, and I instantly regret bringing it up.

"Sorry. We don't have to-"

"No, no it's fine." She interrupts. "He's from a different school, but he liked someone else, and that's why I was upset." I nod, completely understanding her situation. 

"I get it. The same thing happened to me with a girl just recently." Surprisingly, I haven't thought about Ivy until right now. Ava really makes me forget she ever existed.

"Do you still... like that girl?"

"No-I don't think I do." And I feel myself smile as the sentence leaves my mouth. I'm finally over Ivy. "Do you still like that boy?" I ask, kind of hoping she doesn't.

"Um, it doesn't matter. I'd never have a chance with him anyway." She fidgets, and looks away from me shyly. I shake my head.

"Ava," I tilt her head toward mine. "It's that boy's privilege to be liked by you."