Chapter 23

Aaron

I feel like throwing something, like shattering something into a million different pieces. Who the fuck does Liam think he is?

He's only mad because he knew he never had a chance with Ivy, and one dance wasn't going to change that for him. I just don't understand why he's so hell-bent on ruining everything.

My hand's under Ivy's sweatshirt, rubbing her back to calm her down. "Hey, it's okay. You tried to apologize." And then I see Liam approaching us.

Fuck no. I get up from my seat, about to tell him off when Ivy stops me. She grabs my arm, and I stand there, waiting for Liam to speak.

"Hey man, I'm not here to fight. Just came to apologize."

"No, wait; it was my fault." Ivy starts. "It was wrong and immature of me to play with your feelings, and I should've realized that before I hurt you. You have no reason to be apologizing."

"Your boyfriend doesn't think so."

"I'm not her boyfriend, and yeah, I don't think she should be the only one apologizing."

"Aaron, it's fine-" but Liam interrupts her before she can protest.

"No, I should be apologizing too. I think I've been infatuated by you for years, and I've just never taken the hint." He pauses a moment. "I've only ever been a friend, and I guess I'm okay with that now. I shouldn't have yelled at you today, and I'm sorry."

Ivy nods, giving him a hug, and finally, their little reunion is over. I put Ivy over my shoulder, and she yelps.

"Shh, you wanna go on a little adventure?"

"Aaron... We have class." I continue walking down the hallway and toward the door. 

"We can skip, can't we?" She doesn't respond. "Okay, fine. Let's get you to class then-"

"No, wait. Let's go." That's what I thought.