Chapter 114

Aaron

I let myself get lost in her sweet scent—in the curve of her spine and her rising chest. Ivy's a work of art, and I think we were bound to be together—soul-tied or something close to it.

And I can't help but look at her as we dance—at how her eyes bore into my soul and at how her parted lips practically leave me spellbound. Say anything, and I swear I'll do it. Say anything. Anything. Anything at all.

"Kiss me," she whispers, and so I do. My lips press against Ivy's, the taste of the whiskey that's still on her tongue giving me a new high. We breathe each other in, slow, and steady, and sweet.

She nuzzles her face into my chest as the song continues playing. "Even if my heart stops beating, you're the only thing I need, ooh, with me." She looks up now, mouthing the words, and a grin plays up my face. "Even if the Earth starts shaking, you're the only thing worth taking, ooh, with me."

I sing it back. "Even if the sky's on fire, Got you here it's alright, ooh, with me." I pull her in closer, never wanting to let go. "Ivy..." I whisper, emotions overwhelming me.

"Shh..." She puts her finger to my lips. "And if it's all over, I'm taking this moment, ooh, with me." As she sings the words, I can't bear to think about it being over—I'm not sure I could live with it being over.

"Ivy...I-" She looks at me so innocently—with so much sanctity in her eyes, and I've never been more afraid of losing someone. I've never been more afraid of a feeling looming in my chest, but I know I have to acknowledge it. It's been nagging me for ages, and I can't run because it won't let me. No matter how hard I try, it just won't let me.

I look at my hands that are now holding hers, and slowly, I squeeze. Once. Twice. Three times and I swear she holds her breath. I swear everything else falls away—the music stops, and the people aren't here. It's only her and I floating in space—in the ether—in a place that doesn't exist. No one's here but us as I utter the three words—the three words that are meant for her and only her.

"I love you, Ivy Blake. With my whole heart, I love you."

________

AHHHHHH! MORE CHAPTERS SOON :)