Chapter 29

Ava

My breath halts as soon as his lips touch mine. He tastes sweet, soft, addicting. For a moment we just sit in the booth, staring at each other in silence.

And then the pace changes, his lips starting to move along mine in a rhythm. His tongue finds its way in my mouth, his hands in my hair. I hear people knock at the door, but he doesn't stop. I don't think I want him to.

"Liam-" I say between kisses. "We have to go." He nods, grabbing the photo reel in one hand, his other hand grabbing mine. He does it so instinctively that I wonder if he feels as comfortable with me as I do with him, whether he feels like this was always meant to happen like I do.

People stare at us as we leave the photo booth; it's like they know we were making out from our faces. Fuck-our faces. I look at Liam, his lips smeared with my lipstick.

"How bad did you mess up my face?" I ask. He just looks at me and grins.

"Pretty bad." Yet we kiss again at the ferris wheel, the night sky covered in stars, the moon shining bright above us. This one's a longer kiss, more deliberate and sweet. I feel the cold wind in the air, my heart racing rapidly.

And then we sit in silence for a moment, my head resting on his shoulder. "We should do this more often," he says. I agree.