Chapter 113

Ivy

Penelope, Ava, and I dance to the loud party music, but still not having had alcohol, it's hard to let loose. The boys should be here with the drinks by now...

As I'm about to look for them, I feel a hard chest press up behind me, hints of sweet whiskey invading my senses. I tilt my head up, Aaron standing tall before me, and a mumble of a "Hi," escapes my throat. His close proximity makes me a little nervous, even now.

"Hi," he whispers back, snaking his arm around my neck, and bringing a shot glass to my mouth. "Open up," he instructs, and I do, maintaining hard eye contact as he slowly pours the sour liquid down my throat. I swallow it.

"Good girl." Heat rises up my stomach as his lips graze mine while saying the suggestive words. I don't pull away, my body pushing into his as it practically begs to be touched.

"Oh my god, Liam! Took you long enough," Penelope exclaims, and I flinch, quickly bringing my face forward as I'm reminded that we're not alone. I can feel the low rumble of Aaron's laugh behind me, and I grimace, embarrassed that I forgot about all the other people at this party.

Liam puts the shot glasses on the table, and my mind is suddenly set on the kind of night I wanna have. "You're gonna get wasted, aren't you?" I hear Aaron ask from behind me. I grin, turning toward him.

"Are you gonna take care of me if I do?" I ask back, leaning into his body. He nods, and I know I believe him—I always believe him.

I go towards the table, taking four more shots before Penelope starts pulling me toward the middle of the dance floor. Within my drunken haze, I grab Ava too, and the three of us dance together, the music thrumming through my ears and the bright lights sending me into a kind of euphoria I didn't know existed.

I'm usually too afraid—too aware of everything happening to enjoy a moment, but right now, that doesn't matter. We're young and dumb and wasted, and nothing else matters because I realize that I'll never be in this moment again.

I realize that I'll never be dancing hand in hand with Penelope and Ava again. I'll never know another day where Ava agreed to be my friend. I guess today will be our friendship anniversary—a moment we'll look back on fondly, I'm sure.

I watch Ava as she loses herself to the music, and Liam, whose eyes are on her even though she isn't looking. Cuties. I'm so happy they're happy, especially after everything they've been through.

A slow song comes on, and as all the couples start coming together, I walk up to Aaron, who's sitting at a table, a drink in his hand. "Dance with me!"

"I'd rather watch you dance..." I keep a cold face, though it takes everything in me to do it.

"Fine." I try to venture into the crowd, and he quickly goes after me, grabbing me by the waist, and pulling me into him. Goosebumps prickle my skin at the close contact, the alcohol making him affect me even more than he already does.

"Where do you think you're going?" His voice is low, and within the darkness of this room, no one can see the way my face burns from his words.

"Away from you," I retort. He turns me around abruptly, my hands grabbing onto his shoulders and his around my waist. Slowly, we start swaying, the pace a welcome change for my drunken mind.

"Never go away from me..." I laugh, but from the sincerity in his eyes, I don't think he's joking.

"Hmm...I'll think about it," I poke anyway. "Who knows, maybe you'll get sick of me someday."

His lips make contact with my skin, his breath warm and alluring as he leaves tender kisses along my neck. "I'll never get sick of you, Ivy Blake."

_____

MERRY CHRISTMAS <3333 I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY  AND MORE CHAPTERS COMING SOON :)