Chapter 28

Liam

It feels like our hands have been searching for each other for centuries, like they've known each other for centuries. Perhaps we've known each other for centuries.

As Ava and I walk through the amusement park, I can't help but wonder if we were meant to be, if going to that Halloween party was destiny making us meet.

I never used to believe such things, but as I watch her watching the sights, the different roller coasters, and games, the lights, and the crowds of people, I believe it. There's a glint of innocence in her eyes, an awe to her face. Her cheeks are red, her hair messily swaying in the wind; I definitely believe it.

We approach a photobooth, and she rushes toward it, me following close behind. "Come on," she says, a huge smile to her face. I go inside, the machine starting to speak.

"You'll have three chances to pose, so have fun!" Ava makes a silly face, and as I laugh at her, the picture gets taken. She gives me a death glare.

"You ruined it." I shrug, trying not to laugh again. The machine starts counting down for the next pose, and Ava smiles, her head resting on my shoulder. Holy shit; that's new. I don't even get the chance to ruin this picture because of my shock.

"Okay, next let's do a serious one." How does she expect me to be serious after she does that? I grin instead.

"Liam! I swear to god if you don't do the right pose-" and as my heart beats rapidly, the timer counting down for the last picture, I crash my lips into her's. How's that for the right pose?

 How's that for the right pose?