2. resentment

Ok so I noticed a few people were confused and I wanted to explain as much as I could without spoiling before continuing.

The first chapter "0. four" takes places 4 years after the night Wooyoung and San "died" in the last book. The second chapter "1. hell" is a flashback to the afternoon, a day after Wooyoung and San "died". San wakes up in a crematorium hours away from being burned. We don't know anything about Wooyoung's whereabouts yet.

San is half vampire now but we don't know how or what happened.. yet. This chapter is still part of the flashback to 4 years ago. When we flash forward to the present time where San has just finished a cage match I'll explicitly say so. I hope this clears things up. Please let me know if you need further explaining! I'll try my best to be more clear ^^

 Please let me know if you need further explaining! I'll try my best to be more clear ^^

⌗Jongho⌗

Naex, The Royal Castle

Jongho sits expressionless as his stylist/maid did his hair. His eyes glazed over, watching himself in the mirror of his own dresser.

It's been 2 days since his birthday. 2 days since he lost his brother. And every second since then has been a nightmare.

He's never had to grieve for anyone so he never knew how painful it was. He's a vampire after all and not just any vampire, he's of royal blood. All his family are royalty. All his friends were wealthy or royalty. The concept of death just didn't exist in his world because he'd never had to go through it. And he didn't think he'd ever have to go through it.

Especially to his own brother. He felt his eyes sting again and he bit back the tears.

"Be strong" Nari, his hair stylist says in that soft spoken voice of hers that always calmed Jongho down. He swallows at her words.

She stops brushing his hair briefly and looks at him in the mirror watching his expression, her dark grey eyes warm and understanding. "Everything will be alright. Just keep your head up. Ok?" Jongho gives a small nod, shifting his gaze down to his hands as they lay on his thighs.

"The funeral is in two hours so if you end up crying again you're just gonna have to show up with racoon eyes" She says playfully, trying to get him to smile even a little.

It didn't work. She releases a small sigh of defeat and resumes her work on his hair. Jongho didn't want to have to show his face to the public. Not now and probably not ever again.

All he wanted to do was crawl into his room and cry like he'd done all day yesterday and this morning. Now he had to pretend to be ok in front of the whole country as they put Wooyoung in the ground. He wasn't sure he'd be able to hold himself together once he sees his coffin.

After he'd gotten dressed and walks out of his closet that's when his door is gently pushed open and in walks his one of his closest friends. Wooseok gives him a small sad smile.