spin off teaser

Hongjoong shifts uncomfortably as he stood and pretended to care about what a group of a few of Naex's richest Lords were rambling and laughing about

Hongjoong shifts uncomfortably as he stood and pretended to care about what a group of a few of Naex's richest Lords were rambling and laughing about. When they laughed he'd fake laugh. When the group looked at him after one of them asked a question Hongjoong very clearly missed he'd blink repeatedly and politely ask them to repeat the question because his mind was 'too occupied with important matters he had to attend to after the wedding reception'.

That was partly a lie of course, but it didn't matter. He's King and so whatever he says goes.

Truthfully his mind wasn't occupied with work but rather a pair of piercing storm cloud grey eyes on him from across the reception hall. A certain werewolf was looking at him. He didn't know for sure but he definitely had a good feeling.

That's only because they'd been spending all night sneaking blank glances at each other but refusing to actually approach each other and talk.

Hongjoong didn't have anything to say to him anyways. Plus he's stubborn by nature. After the way the werewolf cursed at him and spat in his face the last time he approached him, back in the cave months ago, he had too much pride to try going down that road again.

If he has something to say, he'll come to me. Though it'd be even better if he stayed away and stopped staring at me. Does he think I haven't noticed? Ugh, crazy fucking werewolf... Why'd he even agree to come to a vampire wedding if he didn't like vampires? And with his whole damn family at that. Whatever, I shouldn't worry about some dog. It's San and Wooyoung's wedding reception, I need to celebrate and be happy for them.

He turns around with a slight annoyance in his movement and just as expected Seonghwa was looking at him. Their eyes meet and Hongjoong narrowed his eyes and lifted his brows as if to say, "What do you want?"

Seonghwa felt his wolf jump when Hongjoong abruptly turned and their gazes meet again. Upon seeing the vampire's expression he simply shrugs a little and slowly brought the tall glass of champagne he held loosely in his hands, up to his lips. But his eye contact doesn't break.

Hongjoong face scrunches in annoyance. The hell? He thinks to himself but just rolls his eyes and looks away. The orchestral music being played and the chattering of a room filled with people just wasn't nearly loud enough to drown out his own thoughts. He needed a drink.

He reaches for a passing by, neatly dressed faery servant and the tray of drinks in long stemmed glass cups he was walking around with. "Your Majesty" The faery greets with a bow upon Hongjoong acknowledging him by taking a cup from his tray.

Hongjoong was too busy chugging the alcohol drink down to respond to the pink haired servant before he excused himself and continued walking around the room with his tray of drinks. The way it burned as it went down was oddly therapeutic and the bitter after taste perhaps perfectly matched his current mood.

He tries glancing at Seonghwa again but saw that he was no longer standing where he was previously standing. The space was now empty. He tries looking around for him again, his eyes darting around the room.

"Are you looking for something?" A husky voice comes from behind him. Hongjoong immediately spun around faster than he thought possible and looked up and wide eyed at Seonghwa himself.

"No. I was just looking for my brother" Hongjoong was able to find his voice and get out his lie without stuttering.

"Wouldn't it be 'yes' then? Since you are in fact looking for someone" Seonghwa voice was mocking.

"You asked me if I was looking for some thing, dumbass. And I said no. My brother is not a thing" He was unamused. "Why the hell are you even speaking to me right now? Go back to staring at me from across the room like a creep" Hongjoong attempts to turn and walk off but Seonghwa briskly stops him.

"I was just fucking around. No need to get defensive. Look, I understand you hate my guts but damn, can't we put aside our differences for just tonight. We're at a wedding" Seonghwa says with a scoff.

Hongjoong mocks him and scoffs even louder. "I don't care if it suddenly started raining money, I don't want anything to do with you. You've already made it clear you feel the same way months ago back in Lloth so what the hell do you want from me?" He whisper shouts in Seonghwa's face through gritted teeth.

"I have something important I need to share with you and I think you'll wanna listen" Hongjoong's face scrunches in annoyance like he was speaking gibberish. "I understand Naex has been struggling in their relationships with other nations and as a result, your supply of blood has been suffering. It's only a matter of time before a famine hits Naex and your people begin attacking outsiders for food which we both know is a violation of the treaty. All in all things won't end well"

Hongjoong gritted his teeth and clenched his jaw tight. He wanted to say something, wanted to snap back at him but he knew everything he'd just said was completely right. And so he figured, why not just hear the bastard out? Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

That's all you're getting for now 🤭