7. wanderer

Afternoon after the escape

⌗Yeosang⌗

"It's been really busy all morning" Kihyun mutters as he pokes his head out the door just as a group of 4 vampire guards jogs by the front of their room door.

"Probably cleaning up or something. Wasn't there some big ball last night?" Wooseok says with a yawn as he falls back on his bed after having finished his morning chores.

"Yeah but... I don't know. Something seems off" Kihyun continues as he pulls away from the door. He glances at Jeongin's still empty bed and untouched sheets, his brows creasing with worry now.

After dinner last night everyone was ordered back to their rooms but the youngest was nowhere to be seen. Kihyun had thought nothing of it, chalking it off as perhaps a guard had him do some extra work.

Lights out came around then chores this morning and still no sign of him. Now he couldn't help the uneasiness that grew in his gut. Everything that morning just felt.. off. From the lack of the bubbly pixie to the fact that there were less and less guards around than usual.

"Has anyone seen Jeongin?" He asks out loud and everyone in the room snaps their head towards his neatly made bed on the top bunk before responding with different variations of 'no'.

"Maybe he's off with his friends or something" Woozi, Jeongin's bunkmate, says nonchalantly as he flips a page of his book.

"Did he tell you that?" Kihyun presses.

"No. But-"

"Something's wrong. I don't know I can just feel it" Kihyun says exasperatedly as he attempts to rub the crease lines from his forehead. "And what about San? Where is he?" He turns to San's messily done bed.

"Ok mama Kihyun let's relax" Wooseok grumbles out. "San was moved to the castle remember? And Jeongin runs off with his friends all the time. Stop worrying so much he's the youngest but still an adult"

Before Kihyun could respond Yeosang comes in with an annoyed grunt before cursing under his breath. Woozi eyes the faery as he slumps on his bed. "What's got you in such a sour mood?"

"Stupid fucking vampires.. was almost done washing some sheets outside when one of them kicked the bucket and everything got muddy. Had to start all over" He throws an arm over his eyes as he layed on his back.

"Have you seen Jeongin?" Kihyun starts up again.

Yeosang peeks back at him. "No. Why?"

"He's been missing since last night. Has anyone else not noticed?" Kihyun throws his hands up in exasperation.

Just then Hwanwoong and Ravn comes bursting into the room causing everyone to flinch at the sudden rushed entrance. Ravn hurriedly shuts the door and Wooseok sits up in alarm. "What the-"