27. news worth crying over

Wooyoung pulls himself to his feet with an impatient sigh

Wooyoung pulls himself to his feet with an impatient sigh. Jongho had been gone a while and he knew he was probably fine but he still couldn't help but worry.

He goes to peek out the windows, pulling the curtains to the side a little to see people walking about outside despite it being really early in the morning. Thus is life in a city that quite literally never sleeps.

He groans out of boredom now and falls back on the bed knowing he can't just walk out of the Inn without being noticed. Finally, and as if on cue, the door opens and Jongho comes in first followed by Junkyu. Wooyoung exclaims with glee.

"Thank fuck. Finally" He jumps to his feet. "I've been bored out of my mind. Did you go swimming? Why are you wet?" He asks once he noticed the younger male looked a little damp and so was his hair.

Jongho briefly shakes the droplets from his raven black hair and runs his fingers though it. "Yeah for a little. Junkyu was showing me how to swim"

The merman smiles shyly from behind Jongho, his hair a little damp as well. Wooyoung was surprised but nods, a small smile on his lips. "So I need to go back for my mom" Wooyoung immediately gets to the point. "Who's coming with me?" He rubs his hand together.

Jongho gives him an incredulous look. "I highly doubt she's still there. Jaejoong must know by now you're missing and he wouldn't be stupid enough to leave her there. Or he did but he knew you'd be dumb enough to go back for her so right now he could already have a trap waiting for you"

Wooyoung glares at him. "So how do we save her?"

"We lay low for now. It's too dangerous for you be moving around. And I can't lose you again. I won't" Jongho's voice was just as firm. It was clear he wasn't going to back down so after a long stare down Wooyoung groans and backs down.

"Fine" He spits out, bitter and annoyed, as he sits back on the bed. The younger vampire watches at his older brother sulks quietly, his lips in a slight pout and eyes trained to the ground.

Jongho breathes a sigh of relief at the fact he wasn't going to fight to him on this then he goes to sit next to him on the bed. He gently takes his hand and gives him a small squeeze. "We'll save her once everything settles down. I promise." Jongho's voice comes out calm and reassuring.

Wooyoung doesn't say anything for a couple seconds before he sighs loudly and sits up right. He knew first hand how horrible the last 4 years in that prison was and he knew she was there for much longer than he was. So the prospect of leaving her there for longer, it pained him. But he decides to trust Jongho.

He squeezes Jongho's hand in return and turns his head to him, flashing a small smile one Jongho returns. Wooyoung then rests his head on Jongho's shoulder. "So everyone thinks I'm dead?"

"We had a big funeral and everything" A strained laugh escapes Jongho's lips.

"I'm sorry I worried you guys" He says not only to Jongho but to the brunette servant who was still standing by the door.