37. a promise

A brief silence which was broken by strangled cries

Wooyoung's pained cries filled the air, echoing off the trees and causing a few birds to scattered from the branch in which they rested as they too observed the scene.

He screams. He cries and he screams some more. As he stared at San's unmoving body. He fights against the two men that now held him but it was no use. It was as though the energy had been drained out of him. His vision was blurred with tears as he wailed loudly.

Jongho was in complete and utter shock. Seonghwa's eyes wide and wet as tears quickly threatened to fall.

Wooyoung's heart ached. It hurt so bad as he went through all the emotion he experienced that windy night alone. Except this time it was amplified because he witnessed it all with his own eyes. "Kill me.. please kill me" He begs, shaking and crying uncontrollably.

"Poor little Wooyo" Chiyo's smile drops as she observed him fighting and kicking against the two men that held him. "No title, disowned by your own father, no lover. All alone" The faintest of smirks curves at her lips as she tosses San's heart in front of him to taunt him further.

"Think again, bitch" San mutters behind her and before she could turn he slices her throat from behind, a horizontal deep cut and right under her chin. She gargles on her blood, hands flying to her throat as blood poured out of the cut.

The two men holding Wooyoung charges at him and San stabs one of them in the neck then rips out the heart of the other.

Once he was sure no one else was around he drops the knife and runs to Wooyoung, dropping to his knees, since the prince had crumbled the ground in middle of San's fight.

"Wooyoung, are you alright?" He places both hands in either side of his face. His bloodied hands painting his pale skin but Wooyoung was too much in shock to notice.

Wooyoung looks at him with confusion. Was he seeing things? He just watched him die. How is he here? "How are you-" Wooyoung breathes out, his voice raspy.

"Arcane magic" Seonghwa calls from behind Wooyoung San wiped the tears that managed to escape from his eyes. "I forgot drows could do that" Seonghwa says with a relieved chuckle.

Wooyoung looked back at him, still confused. "Jongho, help me get the keys to his cuffs" San orders the young vampire who was still in shock from the events that just took place.

"San, w-what's.. I don't-" Wooyoung kept stuttering and stumbling over his words. A wave of relief rushing over him. He wasn't sure what just happened but as long as San was still here Wooyoung didn't care much for the details.

San glances at his clone which still layed on the ground, dead. The clone slowly morphs into a pile of mud, it's pale skin turning brown and clothes merging with its body. (Think clone jutsu from Naruto for my anime fans out there) "I'm still half drow, which means I have access a bit of arcane magic. I just tricked her to try and catch her off guard. I honestly didn't think it would work but hey.." He says with a grin like he'd just told a joke and Wooyoung watches him with lips parted and teary eyes in complete and utter disbelief.