32. dilemma

Jaejoong was furious

"You were careless" He grits, eyes fixed out the window and his back turned to Chiyo. "You let him slip through, not once but twice"

"I know. I-" Chiyo starts.

"No. I don't think you do" He cuts her off. "Two of my children are running around Naex, one of whom, by the way, is supposed to be dead. And you can't do the simplest task of putting him down once and for all"

Chiyo stays quiet, but Wooyoung's words kept replaying over and over in her head. How long are you going to keep running around like a lap dog for him before you realize you'll never mean anything to him. Her brows furrow and her nose flare open. No. He's wrong. Jaejoong cares about me. He always has and he always will.

"I'll take care of it" She reassures. Fresh determination in her voice.

Jaejoong looks at her, the fierceness in her cold grey eyes makes him feel at ease. He steps closer to her, clasping both sides of her face between his hands. "I know you can do it. You've never let me down before" He mutters in her lips and she nods, hypnotised by him. He places a sweet kiss on her lips and just before it could deepen he pulls back.

"The storm should calm down soon. Take more soldiers if you need. Just end this" He says, eyes practically staring into her soul.

She swallows and smirks a little. "I will" He grins at her confidence. She turns to leave the room, her knee length boots clicking on the tiled floor.

"Oh and Chi.." Jaejoong calls as he reaches for a pitcher with blood in it to pour some for himself in a wine glass. "Bring Jongho back alive. Death is far too merciful a punishment for him"

"Understood" She mutters to herself, eyes bloodthirsty.

San steps out of the cave with a stretch

San steps out of the cave with a stretch. It was morning and it had rained pretty much the enitre night. Birds chirp in the trees in the distance, crickets sounds and other forest critters join in bringing the area to life. The forest smelled damp, the familiar scent of the aftermath of a rainfall wafts up his nostrils. It was therapeutic and oddly nostalgic. It reminded him of his old life back in Lloth. That feels like a lifetime ago...